Hey ya'll!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ieatcats

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey ya'll! My names Latisha. My boo bought me my tank. Its a 5 gallon hex wiff 2 goldies and 1 common pelco. I gots me some hot pink gravel (GIRLS YOU KNOW HOW I DO ;) ) and a tiger background! I like yo forum!

Uhm....hey! Welcome to the forum

Just to let you know the pleco can grow to near 2 feet. And fancy goldfish can grow to the size of a softball. Common goldfish can grow to like a foot and are pond fish.

Welcome to the site :)

I hate to give you a rude welcome...but you've got some very, very serious problems with your tank. A single goldfish requires 20 gallons of water, and every goldfish after requires another 10. Common Plecos can reach 2 feet and need giant aquariums. Make sure you are doing water changes every single day with a good dechlorinator...and please look to return every one of those fish ASAP. Once they're returned, you can cycle your tank and choose more appropriate animals to keep. Unfortunately there aren't a lot of options for a 5 gallon tank. It would make a perfect home for a single Betta, an invert tank or a few micro-fish...but right now we need to get the goldfish and Pleco out immediately.

Sorry to give bad news...but this really is a very bad and serious situation :(

NO. I luv my goldies. THEY GIVE MUH COMPANY WHEN IM SAD. NO WAY. WHY IS THIS SITE SO MEAN?!

Oh shoot. I luv my goldies.I over- reacted. I'll bringum back tu my fish store.

They're not trying to be mean, they're trying to help your fish. If you keep all of those in there they will die. And soon plus they will get stunted which will hurt the fish. As for the pleco, IMO they turn ugly when they get older. Return everything and get some shrimp and some small nano fish. They are very lively and won't be hurt by that tank size. Plus you won't have to do daily changes multiple times a day as you would have to do in the tank you have now. This may be harsh and a little mean but it's the truth and we're just trying to help you and the fish out.

Back
Top Bottom