Hey Y'all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Dude

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everybody, just wanted to say glad to be a part of what looks like a great forum, when i was younger (low teens) i was obsessed with my aquariums but as i got older money started going towards other things (mainly women :roll eyes: ) so i kinda got out of it. Now that I'm in college, I'm considering minoring in marine bio because its always been a passion of mine and I'm back in the game of reef keeping. I'll be asking a lot of questions just to refresh my memory and get back in the loop on who makes good lighting, filtration, skimmers, substrates etc.

I plan on building my own tank, not sure on the size, most likely 35-40 gallons max, custom filtration, not so sure on lighting yet, I'm thinking the tank won't be too tall but like i said I'm really not sure, anyways thanks again!

Awesome!! Glad to have you along! AA is definitely a great forum, with many many people who will try their best to answer all of your questions:)

If you want a 40 gallon reef, I definitely suggest going with a 40B. IMHO the tank is perfect for a reef, width, length, and height wise. Allowing you to make an awesome rockscape:)

Awesome!! Glad to have you along! AA is definitely a great forum, with many many people who will try their best to answer all of your questions:)

If you want a 40 gallon reef, I definitely suggest going with a 40B. IMHO the tank is perfect for a reef, width, length, and height wise. Allowing you to make an awesome rockscape:)

thanks for the tip man! what lighting would you suggest? I want to go with metal halide so i can be versatile with coral, but I'm not so sure whats a good company and size light anymore:banghead:

Imo MH would be the last option on a tank that small..look into t5s and led

200 watts of light should give you any option for corals in that tank so a 6 bulb 36" t5 or a 200 w led modular panel

Back
Top Bottom