HeyMikey—He Likes It!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeyMikey

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Greetings!

My name is Mike, and I have a year-old grandson who REALLY loves the fish tank at the doctor's office, so I'm returning to the hobby after a 35 year absence (Opa's such a pushover!). Thought I was pretty hot stuff back in the day—even wrote articles for our local aquarium society bulletin, but you guys sure know a lot more than we did back then! Hard to believe I didn't kill all my fishes all those years ago. I've been reading the excellent articles and interesting forum discussions and trying to absorb it all. Last weekend, we got an old 55 gal filled with water, gravel (from 1974), brand new "canister" filter and heater, and are trying our hand at fishless cycling (more on that to come in the "Getting Started" forum). I'm hoping to do a low-light planted tank with a peaceful community of my old favorites (gotta have congo tetras and pearl gouramis!). As I said, I've got a lot to learn/unlearn (even the names are all different!) and will probably be bothering you all with annoying questions—not TOO annoying, I hope.

Thanks in advance,
HeyMikey

Back
Top Bottom