Heyy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kira696

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello fish people I'm new to the hobby just bought my first tank a fluval flex 57 litre, things so far have been very stressful for me, but hoping it will get better haha. I will be keeping a Betta, tetras and maybe a shrimp or snail to help with the clean up etc.

Welcome! I hope everything goes well for you from now on.
I'd recommend a mystery snail rather than shrimp, as a betta or tetras could easily munch on most dwarf shrimp. If you do really want a shrimp, Amano shrimp might be large enough to avoid becoming a snack.

Welcome! I hope everything goes well for you from now on.
I'd recommend a mystery snail rather than shrimp, as a betta or tetras could easily munch on most dwarf shrimp. If you do really want a shrimp, Amano shrimp might be large enough to avoid becoming a snack.
Awesome, I'll look into a mystery snail instead :p

They're adorable and come in tons of colors. I have eight and I love them. If you have any questions, TMaier is the resident snail expert. She's the one I got my snails from.

They're adorable and come in tons of colors. I have eight and I love them. If you have any questions, TMaier is the resident snail expert. She's the one I got my snails from.

Thats cool! Is she in the UK? I will have to ask my LFS to see if they get those snails in :) I just planted my tank though not sure if they will live, my LFS wasn't very helpful. :oops:

I'm in the US. I have visions of snails riding in first class on Virgin Air. Lol

Have you gotten your fish in tank yet

Yep! And it has been the most stressful thing i have ever gotten into ahaha, but its set up now with some plants from my LFS. Hope they will be ok as i was in a rush when planting them, and very nervous lol

This is my tank, bad picture took it with the lights off XD

Attachments

• 20472485_1593967590645590_192393629_o.jpg
    20472485_1593967590645590_192393629_o.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 41
Yep! And it has been the most stressful thing i have ever gotten into ahaha, but its set up now with some plants from my LFS. Hope they will be ok as i was in a rush when planting them, and very nervous lol
Is your betta being good

Is your betta being good
Haven't got one yet, only set this tank up with plants yesterday :p But if the plants do well im gonna get one, I have to wait fo the tank to cycle a bit, it says with eco complete you don't but i think i should really

Haven't got one yet, only set this tank up with plants yesterday [emoji14] But if the plants do well im gonna get one, I have to wait fo the tank to cycle a bit, it says with eco complete you don't but i think i should really
Tip if you get a betta for a community put the other fish in first. ? learned that the hard way.

Tip if you get a betta for a community put the other fish in first. ? learned that the hard way.
Ok thanks will do, was gonna have just a few other fish with the Betta as my tank's only 15 gallon, don't want to over stock it XD

Yeah ? I started with a 5 gal one fish. Now I have 8 tanks and 120 fish. To Obsession and beyond

Yeah ? I started with a 5 gal one fish. Now I have 8 tanks and 120 fish. To Obsession and beyond
Thats awesome! I want to get more tanks soon, my current one is turning out to be a disaster though, the guy at my LFS sold me all the wrong plants! Guess what, they're all planted in my tank now, so upset, its just one mistake after another, if anyone could give me some advice I'd really appreciate it, I made a post in the 'Planted' section.

Thats awesome! I want to get more tanks soon, my current one is turning out to be a disaster though, the guy at my LFS sold me all the wrong plants! Guess what, they're all planted in my tank now, so upset, its just one mistake after another, if anyone could give me some advice I'd really appreciate it, I made a post in the 'Planted' section.
I am to much of a wimp to venture into plants yet. YET. Eventually I hope to master it. I was only brave enough for a bamboo lol.

We all start somewhere. :) As long as the leaves of the bamboo plant are out of the water, it should do fine. I think they look quite nice, though I don't own one.
If you ever do decide to go the plants route, its much easier than it seems. I remember feeling overwhelmed and nervous about it, but it ended up being pretty simple. Having experienced members to ask for help really made a difference for me.
Some great beginner plants are java fern, anubias, water wisteria, Java moss, and the cryptocoryne wendtii varieties. They do well in practically any tank. I have all of them and enjoy them quite a bit.

We all start somewhere. :) As long as the leaves of the bamboo plant are out of the water, it should do fine. I think they look quite nice, though I don't own one.
If you ever do decide to go the plants route, its much easier than it seems. I remember feeling overwhelmed and nervous about it, but it ended up being pretty simple. Having experienced members to ask for help really made a difference for me.
Some great beginner plants are java fern, anubias, water wisteria, Java moss, and the cryptocoryne wendtii varieties. They do well in practically any tank. I have all of them and enjoy them quite a bit.

I wish I had just ordered my plants online now, then i could of got better suited ones for my tank, but thought it would be better asking at my LFS, welp not doing that again XD

Back
Top Bottom