Hi!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mimiweme

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm a newbie here. I had a 55 gallon freshwater tank for many many years, then a friend gave me her established saltwater 24gal nanocube about 2 years ago. Because of room restrictions, I gave my 55gallon tank w/fish to a friend and its doing great a her house:).
I am really enjoying the saltwater tank, i have:
2 small ocellaris clowns
1 pajama cardinalfish
1 bicolor blenny
1 filefish
1 yellow goby
1 royal gramma
yellow polyps
orange zoanthids
torch coral
green star polyps
pulsating xenia
sun coral
toadstool leather mushroom
All fish are doing great- all corals are doing well except my toadstool- about a week and a half ago the polyp extensions quit coming out and I see some areas of hard white flaking areas around edges. my chems were fine except phos was elevated, and nitrates were 20 , so over 4 days I did 3 PWC, and chems are back okay, but toadstool still has no polyps coming out -any ideas?
looking forward to getting lots of info!

Welcome to AA! We'd love to see some photos.

I can't help you with your SW questions, but I'm sure someone will be along shortly that can.

No such luck - if he meant that it was me who was going to come along to help - I'm a freshwater type a guy and on some days just a fresh guy. But I did want to give you a big hello and welcome to the best site around to get your questions answered. You may want to post this question in the Saltwater Forums not all of our members check the Welcome Wagon. Post it there - those people are unbelievable with their knowledge.

one more thing --- you said a friend gave you the nanocube and you gave a friend the 55 gal ......... just out of curiosity do you want to be my friend - I would love to have the nanocube -

Have a great time here:)

Please post a pic of the leather in the SW forum.

welcometoaa.gif

Another Hi! from a newbie

I have 3 aquariums, one 55 with largish angels, silver dollars, and a few tetra-types. The angels keep laying eggs (the female trades males now and then) and I'm frustrated that the babies get eaten so i'll probably buy another tank just to put the mating pair into just for kicks.

I have a small hexagonal tank (3?) with a Betta pair, and guess what, there are two babies swimming around that we just noticed! So next time i see a bubble nest with eggs in it i'll scoop out Mrs. Betta and put her in with the angels so she doesn't eat the rest of the eggs/babies.

My 3rd tank (30) has two growing dinosaur eels, some largish gold fish that the eels didn't eat (!), two red-tail sharks, and a blue crayfish large enough to keep the eels from eating him.

Oh, and both larger tanks have giant plecostomases that I am not sure what to do with. My fiance aquarist says i can take them in to the pet store and trade them in for some smaller ones...

So.... if anyone wants to jump in with some info/recommendations for me, i'd love to hear them. I found this site by googling "dinosaur eels" because I wanted to know more about these minnow-eating-monsters (if i buy 25 minnows, they're gone in 12 hours). For example: am I overfeeding them with minnows once a week? They've grown quickly, and might be a pair: are they easy to breed? (evidently my setups are conducive to mating). What about the angel eggs on the side of my 55-gallon with the two other angels and silver dollars drooling on the other side of the tank while the parents wear themselves out protecting them -- any way to fish out the fry and put them in a protected environment?

Talk to you all soon I hope!

Back
Top Bottom