HI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1 LARA

Aquarium Advice Freak
Im Lara
I got freshwater salt today and pit it in tupperware container, cut hole in lid and later found one of my corris in there
any advice?

Salt is bad for cories... I'd get it out of there and do 2 back to back 50% water changes. Welcome to AA!

I don't understand what you are saying happened... the fish jumped into the container of salt?

Anyway... welcome to AA.:fish2:

change the whole tank
it was in there no longer then 6 hours

swam throuth the hole I put on top of canister

fort384 said:
I don't understand what you are saying happened... the fish jumped into the container of salt?

Anyway... welcome to AA.:fish2:

I think she put some aquarium salt in a Tupperware container, made the hole to let water in too big, put it in the tank... And one of the cories wriggled itself down in there and got stuck.

I think she put some aquarium salt in a Tupperware container, made the hole to let water in too big, put it in the tank... And one of the cories wriggled itself down in there and got stuck.
yes
should I leave salt out?

ahhhh.... I got it now :) sorry.

I agree with HD, you do not need the salt, and it is actually harmful to a fish like cories. I would pull it out, and also do a few large PWCs over the next 24 hrs.

Back
Top Bottom