Hi!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RaeleenM

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Well,

I have had acquariums off and over the last 30 years. It wasn't until the last 5-10 years that I really started learning about why my fish always died. The internet has provided me with so many educational opportunities to learn about keeping an acquarium.

I had always liked fancy goldfish. They were usually pretty hardy, too. Then one day my son had a Jack Demsey cichlid being attacked in his tank. So, he stuck it in a tank that I had. I learned that some fish were actually smart, and had personalities. I had that Jack Demsey for a few fears. He had gotten big, and I thought he needed a tank mate. That's when I had gotten an Oscar. I "thought" the JD was "lonely", I hadn't learned yet that a JD will not do well in 30 gallon tank. So, adding the Oscar pushed him over the edge... So, I lost him. I lost the Oscar a year or so later. I still miss that oscar. He played dead when he was upset.

I am now planning to graduate to a 100 gal tank. Especially since, I like cichlids. My (2) JDs that are in (2) separate (30) gallon tanks will soon outgrow them.

I also have a 20 gal tank with (2) african cichlids. I just switched their gravel bed over to Black "Hawiian" sand. I had forgotten that I really wanted Black "Tahittian" sand. It is looking good... But, planning to get the "tahittian" sand.

I am still learning alot, and thoroughly enjoy having acquariums throughout the house.

Raeleen

Back
Top Bottom