hi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigtime

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I decided to get a tiger lotus 3 weeks ago. Since I've had fish aquariums all my life. 12 year old gold fish and a 3 year old kili louch, I seem to do ok in the fish department. But this lotus is growing new leaves that spread out on the bottom instead of rising. I'm currently growing in gravel. I need some advise on substrate and why this plant is doing this. I have 5 fish in the tank 2 painted glass 2 cat fish and 1 rio tetra

It took my tiger lotus a few weeks before it sent up tall leaves, I'd just give it time. What type of lighting do you have? Are you dosing any ferts?

fertilizer is api leaf zone plant k2o 3.00%-fe0.10% 5ml per 10 gal once a week. lighting aquasun t5 ho zoomed ultra sun and flora sun new 3 weeks ago. 29 gal tank. my other plants thrived with just a regular? light set up. Black algae and string algae similar to what I have in the early spring in my outside goldfish pond. I'll just scrape that off. any help would be greatly appreciated. I like the idea of a planted tank.

Back
Top Bottom