hi.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bruinsbro1997 said:
Whoa, how big is that tank?

If 90+ gallons, I think you got room for some clown loaches ;)

Will they only eat snais?? I dont wana add food pellets if i dont have to. Hoping all thoes little snails and eggs will be enough

Those are Chinese Algae Eaters. AKA bad news. Each grow 11 inches long. Each will not eat algae as they get older and will want fish food more. And each wil get super aggressive and suck on any fish you try to put in there. I would highly suggest returning them.

What kind of pleco is it? Common pleco?

Is the tank cycled? If it is, how did you cycle it?

With the bioload you have currently, you have a waste factory in your tank, I'd suggest daily, especially if not cycled.

Will they only eat snais?? I dont wana add food pellets if i dont have to. Hoping all thoes little snails and eggs will be enough

They'll eat snails, but once you're out of snails, you will have to feed them. Never get a fish for it to do a job for you. An easier way to get rid of snails is to simply get a piece of lettuce, put it under a cup, leave it overnight, wake up, turn over the cup, see all the snails on the lettuce, take the lettuce out, and dump it. Plus in a 20 gallon clown loaches get too big, almost a foot long, and need schools of 6+.

bruinsbro1997 said:
They'll eat snails, but once you're out of snails, you will have to feed them. Never get a fish for it to do a job for you. An easier way to get rid of snails is to simply get a piece of lettuce, put it under a cup, leave it overnight, wake up, turn over the cup, see all the snails on the lettuce, take the lettuce out, and dump it. Plus in a 20 gallon clown loaches too big, almost a foot long, and need schools of 6+.

dude, wow!! Ok......yeah they are chineese....and WATT? A FOOT EACH?? i also have a horse face algae eater...how big eill he get.... And u sugest once a week water changes...i only do half........anf i dony kno ehat it meand to cycle tank....dont think i have.

Sorry you said to change water once a day!!!!!!! but only half right......my waters so clear....dont want to disturb that.....i siphoned on clean out a little less than half once a week......i may can squeese in twice a week,

No more plecos.. You cant get a
Clown loach because they get way to big for your tank and its already overstocked on the bottom as it is! Why dont you get some fish that stay at the top? Because the bottom is full.

Okay read a little I think I may have done a fishless cycle because I had my tank running for months before I even got snails....i would add water and change filter evy few months.... it was beautiful clear with lots of algae. Then I got six tiny snails..... to eat the alG of course ...their bigger, havin babies...i dont see many yet, but lots of egg layin...som r bigger now......then i got the horse face....a week later two chinas.....then a pleco...now vy lil alG ....more poop

You really need to read those links posted. New tanks need to be cycled. Cycling means growing bacteria in your filter to remove the ammonia your fish produce. Water changes are VERY important to the health of your fish. If your tank is in the middle of cycling you may need to do water changes daily so your fish can stay healthy.

mzYuhaten4 said:
Okay read a little I think I may have done a fishless cycle because I had my tank running for months before I even got snails....i would add water and change filter evy few months.... it was beautiful clear with lots of algae. Then I got six tiny snails..... to eat the alG of course ...their bigger, havin babies...i dont see many yet, but lots of egg layin...som r bigger now......then i got the horse face....a week later two chinas.....then a pleco...now vy lil alG ....more poop

Leaving a tank empty like that is NOT cycling. Please read all the info.

Omg....my friends laugh at me...say i have no fish....i have three alG eatrrs and a pleco....and im crowding my tank......?????? Looks so empty...cant find a fish half the time. ... Wat to do ????i like my pleco and china dolls....and horse face.....i mean, growth will take years....rite?? Wont my tank stump over growth?

mzYuhaten4 said:
Omg....my friends laugh at me...say i have no fish....i have three alG eatrrs and a pleco....and im crowding my tank......?????? Looks so empty...cant find a fish half the time. ... Wat to do ????i like my pleco and china dolls....and horse face.....i mean, growth will take years....rite?? Wont my tank stump over growth?

Stunting a fish is where the outsides stop growing and the inside keeps growing. The spine can curve and the fish will die a horrible and painful death.

I will test the water tomorrow , so far the fish are very small and seem very happy and very active . I am and observant person and I will keep a watchful eye on them and their behavior ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom