hi.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mzYuhaten4 said:
So what does judging my grammar and talking down to me have to do with helping my fish

Nah... She wasn't judging your grammar at all. Just stated forum rules that's all. Were a happy family here and glad you joined. There are rules we must all follow to make this an enjoyable forum for everyone. :)

Lol.......... the fish are mine now and I want to do my best to take care of them and if they get too big for my tank then I will have to return them to the store for someone with the bigger tank to purchase

mzYuhaten4 said:
Lol.......... the fish are mine now and I want to do my best to take care of them and if they get too big for my tank then I will have to return them to the store for someone with the bigger tank to purchase

Bigger is better. If you can, I go with a bigger tank. Your fish will thank you for it.

Jeez! Sorry for trying to be helpful but if you want to have all your fish suffer it's up to you! We don't need to help you. If it wasn't me it would be someone else telling you. If you want to be one of those people in 6 months time saying 'what is wrong with my fish why are they dying!' go ahead leave them there.

If you just read the info given to you, you will understand.

First of all I have had fish before... and they lived about seven years and they weren't even really expensive fish ... i took care of them and they live and most people put way too much work into upkeep in the tank all they need is an ecosystem that resembles their own. I will monitor the water and monitor this but having a fish out brilliant tank is not the end of the world there are people with begger tanks who are looking for bigger fish ..... also just to dismiss my fish is dead is a problem for me in the negativity is disgusting and that is not how you help someone

So now that you said what you had to say oh my fish by now is dead!?! You act like it's too late for me to research this ..... the fish are not growing or dying overnight they have been doing great for at least a week that I have had them and I've already done a water change .... And I know how to cycle I got a filter from my friends tank he takes very good care of his fish and I had that filter running in my tank with no Fish .......for two wks....then i got snails, then fish.... I have changed water and filter

mzYuhaten4 said:
Oooooh i missed u....the big bad woman said my fish was going to have a curved spine and die ...

She was just tryingto help you, please do not be dissrespectful because she is one of the most knowlageable people on this site. Now with that being said your tank is overstocked wether you think it is or not. The fish tank has three levels, upper, middle, and bottom. All of your fish are bottom dwellers and this is why the bottom section of your tank is crowded and unfomfortable for your fish. Your fish are probably not very happy even if you think they are. Your fish tank cpntains 4 fish? I dont know if its 4 or 5, but all of them get at least a foot long and that it wayy to big for a 20 gallon. I know you are probably thinking that they are small but you do NOT want them to grow to the size of their tank because that will stunt their growth (like said by carey) and kill your fish. All of your plecos will grow rapidly and before you know it they will be full size. I suggest getting rid of at least 3 of the algea eaters and buying a top fish such as a school of tetras or a gourmi. This is my opinion. Good luck.

Ps: text talk is not allowed on this site. Its ok, just try to not do it again.

mzYuhaten4 said:
So now that you said what you had to say oh my fish by now is dead!?! You act like it's too late for me to research this ..... the fish are not growing or dying overnight they have been doing great for at least a week that I have had them and I've already done a water change .... And I know how to cycle I got a filter from my friends tank he takes very good care of his fish and I had that filter running in my tank with no Fish .......for two wks....then i got snails, then fish.... I have changed water and filter

Should cycle for at least a month. We are just trying to say that it would have been better if you researched your fish in the begining before buying them

mzYuhaten4 said:
First of all I have had fish before... and they lived about seven years and they weren't even really expensive fish ... i took care of them and they live and most people put way too much work into upkeep in the tank all they need is an ecosystem that resembles their own. I will monitor the water and monitor this but having a fish out brilliant tank is not the end of the world there are people with begger tanks who are looking for bigger fish ..... also just to dismiss my fish is dead is a problem for me in the negativity is disgusting and that is not how you help someone

There are many experienced fish keepers on this site and they will all tell you the same thing. Tank maintenance is the most important thing for the health of your fish. There is absolutely no way we can replicate their natural environment exactly. After all they live in a glass box.

I am sorry if I came across as harsh I was/am concerned. It is up to you if you choose to take any advise. We are all just speaking from experience and what we have learnt.

mzYuhaten4 said:

Well first of all, i have seen people keep goldfish in BOWLS for 5+ years. I doubt you know how big cute little fair goldfish get! 1+ FEET! Its not always about their enviromemt. everyone wants to help you, and mumma.of.two is one of the MOST knowledgable people on this site. Your lucky she wants to help you!

Now, to fix your problemo, take the common and chinese algea eaters back to the store. Also, the horse face will need to go back soon too. But after that, you can get some nice guppies and stuff!

1) I am not sure what text talk is exactly .... Should I say I am laughing out loud ... Didn't know the abbreviation was a rule breaker ...
2) if she was trying to help me what did I say to her that would make say all my fish will die. She said that word numerous times .... as if I had a chance to not take her advice the fisher small and can be returned before full size is reached ..... she could've said watch out for that, Take care of that , if it should happen and don't worry about it .... before they die you can take them back to the pet store ...but just to say oh I didn't follow her advice and my Fish going to die like overnight.. what the heck is that ?? she got defensive really quickly ... That was rude ,again that is not how you help someone
3)......... i obviously came to the site to learn more but I did not come to be judged on the things I do not know yet .... i emphasize yet !!! Obviously I am willing to learn but there's nothing I can do overnight the fish are mine ... sooo, she can just say oh well I'm trying to help you now your fish going to die, that was mean... and not necessarily true because I will see them grow, and re home them .
4) .......... instead I'll just get off this site goodbye friends

^^^Honestly, we're trying to tell you what's going to happen, but you're not listening^^^
1. Abbreviations isn't a rule breaker. Just not using puncuation a lot is.

so if you have run on sentences like this without any periods and proper capitalization technically it is breaking teh rules

2. We are judging from your previoius posts, because of this #1 issue: your tank IS NOT cycled! I know you don't want to hear it, but YOU MUST cycle this tank because if not, the fish will die!

3. You could interpret it any different way. Personally what she said is not harsh. It's her opinion. Everyone is entitled to one. You won't see them grow if again, your tank isn't cycled! #1 thing that needs to happen here :(
And they may not possibly grow. They could become stunted, which is where their internal organs are squished together in their body which is where they will become really badly deformed! I'm sure you don't want that to happen.

4. Your choice. We're trying to tell you the truth. If you run away from it, that's not our problem.

I would reply to her last few posts, but I honestly can only understand a few parts.

I think everything that can be accomplished has been in this thread. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom