Hi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KSGIRL

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I recently bought a tank at the local goodwill for $16. I sanded,painted & sealed it. Just finished with the deco that is a mix of live & artificial plants. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389543512.909481.jpg I have changed it since this last picture but the concept is similar.

:welcome:
Welcome to AA!! We are glad to have you!​

It looks great, thanks for sharing!

I don't know about "great" but it's my 1st one I've refurbished (if that's the right word for it) I'm sure with time & practice my next tanks will be better....I hope!

Thank u. Nothing is in it so far. Just added the water & of course rearranged everything & added more rocks,plants & lighting. Planning on putting an albino channel catfish in it but not sure what kind of tank mates r the best.

Thank u. Nothing is in it so far. Just added the water & of course rearranged everything & added more rocks,plants & lighting. Planning on putting an albino channel catfish in it but not sure what kind of tank mates r the best.
What size tank is it?

It's hexogon shaped, 2 feet tall & 18 inches from one side to another. Not sure how many gallons since I bought it used, guessing around 25-30.

It's hexogon shaped, 2 feet tall & 18 inches from one side to another. Not sure how many gallons since I bought it used, guessing around 25-30.
Prob around 15-20, I have a 5 gal hex that's 12" tall and 12" wide..

Thank u so much, guesstimating isn't something I'm comfortable with (cuz I'm usually way off) I tend to guess hi, better to have too much then too little. How can I find out for sure the exact gallons?

Thank u so much, guesstimating isn't something I'm comfortable with (cuz I'm usually way off) I tend to guess hi, better to have too much then too little. How can I find out for sure the exact gallons?
Haha actually you were right on, aqadvisor.com, just plugged in 27 gal hex and it is exactly 24 tall 18 wide 13 deep, sound about right?

I just looked it up too!!!! I was surprised to see how close I was! I should b a professional guesstamater for a living lol
The "rain man" of fish tanks! So now that you've discovered aqadvisor you can start toying with possible stock options?

I had an albino channel catfish. The fish shop said 6" max which I thought ok in a 48" tank. It grew and grew. I put it in my conservatory pond where it grew even more and ate all my 6" koi carp. I eventually off loaded it to a sea life centre but had to use a pillow case to catch it. Please make sure yours is one of the smaller catfish. :). Steve.

Back
Top Bottom