Hi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lizmunn

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I woke up this morn to find one of my danimos had died nitrate and ammonia both 0 ph 7.5 but the water is still a little hard I've tried everything to reduce it I've done water changes used tap safe any suggestions?

Need more information, how old is the tank, how long have you had the danio? How many danio you have? The zebra danio is a hardy fish but don't forget these fish are gm, so they can have defects and die for no reason

The tank is three weeks old, got two platys and did have two zebra danimos only have one now the other fish seem to be doing fine as I'm introducing fish two at a time see how they get on what do you think I can do?

I wouldn't worry just keep testing your water and keep up what your doing, it's not uncommon having a casualty when a tank is running a cycle

The only thing with the water is that it may be little hard iv put tap safe i it and dosnt seem to be reducing anything I can do to reduce it or is it ok?

Ok cool I'll try that thank you you think 25% should do it?

Just take it steady and use as much as necessary, try and keep the cost down, you still need to treat bottled water to take out the natural metals in it

Back
Top Bottom