Hi!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SpaceFish42

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello,
I'm new on Aquarium Advice, but have been in the aquarium hobby for a while. I always do a huge amount of research (probably more than necessary) before getting anything new, but it's not quite the same as opinions from real people. So I finally came here.
I recently got guppies from my local fish store, and four of them came pregnant. I had expected the fry by now. How soon are the fry usually born after they get that boxy shape?
Thanks for any advice!

Hey Spacefish -

4 pregnant females? My goodness you're gonna have a ton of fry on your hands! When the pregnant females start looking boxy, you can except the babies usually within a week or less. I'd personally say less.

My Molly just have birth to her second batch of fry last week, I forgot how cute the little ones really are. Have fun raising them! Let us know how it goes :)

Welcome :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp and snails

Hey Spacefish -

4 pregnant females? My goodness you're gonna have a ton of fry on your hands! When the pregnant females start looking boxy, you can except the babies usually within a week or less. I'd personally say less.

My Molly just have birth to her second batch of fry last week, I forgot how cute the little ones really are. Have fun raising them! Let us know how it goes :)

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom