Hi!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

littletank

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just wanted to say thanks for such a nice welcome! Rubysoho reccomended this site to me. Everyone here seems very nice, helpful, and well, seems to have useful advice.

I am in Lafayette, Louisiana, very south La. Actually the coast is just 20 mi South of me. It's not like a real beach. It's brackish I think.

Anyway, i have two children, a three year old little girl and a two year old little boy. I stay at home to raise them, thus I have no business spending money on fish! But, it's what my little girl asked Santa for. I am enjoying the hobby even though it has been a little stressful (the cycling). I really do have a bond with my fish though. At least i do with my platies and my apple snail.

A year from now I will be returning to school in Biology Education (to teach highschool Biology), so i find all of this fish "stuff" really interesting. I only had a year left in Accounting when I quit to stay at home with my children. Everyone thinks I'm crazy for switching my major so drastically, but I don't want to be an Accountant anymore. Also, I want to have the same "hours" as my kids. Oh, and summers off is a plus too.

So that's about all. I just wanted to introduce myself.
Take care,
littletank :)

Welcome to the board. I have a friend down at Tulane finishing his PhD in zoology...he constantly reminds me of how much I love the food, music, and Bayou down there.

crawfish etoufee'

I'm cooking crawfish etoufee' tomorrow night for supper. You know what's so funny though, I love the food in New Orleans, like the really fancy restuarants and steakhouses. But their "cajun" food doesn't taste anything like the real thing.

To get REAL cajun food you have to come to Cajun Country...New Iberia, St. Martinville, Jeanerette, Breaux Bridge, Abbeville. That's where the best cooking is. My husband is from Baton Rouge and he never believed me about the food in New Orleans until he had my mom's cooking! New Orleans does Creole well, but Cajun is down here.

I grew up with the Bayou Teche in my back yard! I'm from New Iberia, where Tabasco is made. Anyway, some people are timid about being from the area. They like to tell people their from "around New Orleans" or "around Baton Rouge". Me, I like to brag about it! I love it here! Thanks for the welcome. Have a good weekend!
littletank :D

Oh wow.. I wish i could live there! I think Louisiana is one of the most beautiful places in the world.. ^^;; ... you know.. >.> My mom might consider letting me be adopted if i brought my grades up... hehe

Re: crawfish etoufee'

littletank said:
I'm cooking crawfish etoufee' tomorrow night for supper.

Tease!

You know what's so funny though, I love the food in New Orleans, like the really fancy restuarants and steakhouses. But their "cajun" food doesn't taste anything like the real thing.

I know...I am a backwoods cajun food sort of guy.

Back
Top Bottom