Hi.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cash Turtle

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi my name is Lauren
I'm not exactly new to aqauriums just knew to knowing what im doing
I have a 55 gallon with a red eared slider turtle and im getting her a 120 gallon becuase the 55 is much to small for her. I plan on putting plants and guppies into the 120 with her when i get it.
I have a 10 gallon and a 5 gallon with african Clawed Frogs which are moving into a 20gallon long soon
and a 5 gallon with my only fish a yellow fancy guppy with a few wild type guppys and anacharis
I have a filstar xp3 anda jebo cfs4 for my turtles tank
an over the side wisper for the the frogs
and an air powered corner filter for the guppys
I think that the guppy tank is probably to small so they'll proably get moved of to a 30 gallon that im going to use to keep plants in for the turtle

I want to get a snail eating fish to live in my plant tank incase some small snails sneak in with the plants but i dont know a whole lot about that some one suggested a clown loach but i dont have the space to house them and i read that puffer fish will eat them but I also had a puffer once (white and yellow with black spots) and it tore apart one of my mollies so im afraid to put it in with guppies.

Is thre anythign worng with keeping guppies? The guy at teh fish store laughed at me when i said i was going to have a 55 gallon empty soon and would probably just put a few fancy guppies in.
I like the wild ones too, very intresting colors.

Imalso haviong trouble posting in some forums, fresh water general and geting started say forbidden when i try to add a new topic, same with forum help

Welcome to AA!

I have no experience with turtles/frogs, so I will take a shot with the others:

I want to get a snail eating fish to live in my plant tank incase some small snails sneak in with the plants but i dont know a whole lot about that some one suggested a clown loach but i dont have the space to house them and i read that puffer fish will eat them but I also had a puffer once (white and yellow with black spots) and it tore apart one of my mollies so im afraid to put it in with guppies.

You can avoid having a snail issue from day one so you can also avoid needing snailinators. Snails love to hitchhike on plants. If you rinse all plants and inspect them for eggs prior to adding to tank, you will never encounter snails.

Is thre anythign worng with keeping guppies? The guy at teh fish store laughed at me when i said i was going to have a 55 gallon empty soon and would probably just put a few fancy guppies in.
I like the wild ones too, very intresting colors.

Nothing wrong with keeping guppies so long as they are in a tank with a compatible species. The LFS employee probably laughed because guppies are very small and he would rather have sold you a much larger fish (profits are their main concern, not you, the customer).

Imalso haviong trouble posting in some forums, fresh water general and geting started say forbidden when i try to add a new topic, same with forum help

More than likely a temporary issue. Try again when you can.

Welcome to the board! Glad to see that you are happy to give your RES the space she needs. Nothing wrong with guppies or guppies in a 55....and kudos to you for enjoying wild-type guppies....far too few people do, and they really are a pretty and interesting fish.

Welcome to AA.

Guppies, absolutly nothing wrong with that. Planted 10gal with just guppies. Very cool to watch them do their thing.

Back
Top Bottom