Hi all......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steve149c

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello to Everyone,

Well I am new here, as you all might have guessed, hehehe. I have been keeping fish ever since I was a lad, some 20 years ago. I setup a 270 Bow fronted Tropical Tank 18 months ago, which has just been decommisioned as we are about to move house, it had 5 Clown loach, 2 Zebra loach, 2 golden sucking loaches, 3 Panda Cory's, 2 Dwarf Rainbows, 5 Cardinal Tetras, 4 Purple Emporor Tetras and A Flying Fox. It ran well with no major problems.

But I am now moving home, the tank is empty and ready to go. I have decided to move over to Marine Fish, a reef tank. I have decided on a very small number of fish, infact 2 - a Clown Fish and Royal Gramma, though this is not set in stone. There will be the usual collection of Hermits, soft corals, shrimp etc

The system that I hope to set up will have protein skimmer, dual heaters, water pump with UV tube, undecided yet about the external filter, as I may op for a Fluidised bed sand filter. Water will be by RV.

Am looking forward to racking all your brains on here, and hope to achieve the magic self-sustainning reef, with minor interference.

Thanks

Steve

Welcome to the site!

Post over in the SW forum and the SW folks will surely help you out with all their knowledge and get you on a path to success!

Hi welcome, 270g bowfront I am extremely jealous. And only 2 fish wow you could keep like 40 full grown clownfish in there and they would be happy.

Please post your thoughts for your setup in the SW section. We love helping otthers set up their tanks. As most of us don't have the room or money to set up another tank we do vicariously through others :)

Start reading the SW articles on this forum, and then post your questions and game plan.

welcometoaa.gif

Welcome and hello - sounds like you're gonna be keeping busy - and please feel free to rack our brains - or what's left of mine - anytime :-D

Back
Top Bottom