Joined this forum. Hoping to get help in stabilising my 3 month old 90g planted tank. Also help out anyone starting out a planted tank by letting them know dos and don'ts from 1st hand experience.
Have been into keeping aquariums for the last 6 years but no plants.
Graduated from a 2'x1'x1' to 4'x2'x2' when I started the planted tank. The tank was assembled by me from 12 mm sheet cut at the shop and the diagonals checked before bringing it home.
Don't think will ever go back to silk plants - no matter what. Would rather restart in case I get into a problem that can't be solved rather than have plastic and silk plants !!!
My set up is :
- Tank. Open top glass tank 4' x 2' x 2'
- Lights. 39W x 4 and 40W x 2. Will be replacing one 39W by a Plant Pro tube
- Plants. All the common ones - swords and stems except for a few red lilies and crypts. Will slowly go in for exotic ones once I have the confidence in keeping a planted tank. Plant coverage approx 60 %.
- CO2. Pressurised set to approx 2.5 bps. Diffuser is a Dymax 102 fitted to a 600 lph power head.
- Water quality : pH 7.2 ; kdH 12, water changes 50% weekly. Nitrates before water change < 10%
- Filteration " Canister. Eheim 2217.
- Fish :
- Angles about 2" body size - 7 nos
- Albino corys - 6 nos.
- Clown loach - 2 nos.
- Red tail shark - 1 no.
The clown loach were introduced to control the snails which came piggy back on the red lilies.