Hi All

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andres98789

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

I just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully ask you guys for advice on my other thread.

I'm looking after two goldfish, once comet and one common. I've never been interested in fish although I love animals, but I've always though that it's not fair to them to keep them in little tanks. However I my manager brought a couple of goldfish to work about a year ago in a 30l tank and I have been looking after them since then (changing the water and feeding them) I didn't know about ammonia, nitrites and nitrates or PH until recently when one of the fish started having buoyancy problems so I did some research and found a whole lot of information about fish keeping, I was so surprised to see how cruelly these poor little guys get treated due to lack of information. I had the water tested straight away and luckily it was fine. I feel guilty about cleaning the whole tank and probably killing all the good bacteria about a year ago when I thought the water was too dirty (I didn't know any better as I was just given these two goldfish to look after) but fortunatelly the little guys survived and as I said it wasn't until recently that I found out a bit more about fishkeeping. So now I have bought them a 125 litre tank so they can have more room to move around and will start feeding them varied food.

Anyway, I have posted a thread with a little problem I have with one of the fish and hopefully someone can help! http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f17/goldfish-feeling-poorly-120302.html#post1023343

Many thanks in advance guys.

Back
Top Bottom