Hi all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andjak

Aquarium Advice Activist
Howdy y'all as I'm new to the forum I figured I'd give a shout out to all of ya nice to meetcha I just set up my first tropical tank :) it's been a bumpy road as all the first fish I put in (sailfin Molly m and Molly f 2 Yamato shrimp and a couple o coolie loaches died so I restocked and they were cool until the ich pets at home infected me with lol I'm currently treating it but a quick question how long does the water stay blue for ??? Other than that my new fish apart from a mild itch are settling in nicely except the male Betta who has issues with the sail fin :) anyway would love to hear from ya all about ich treatments and what amazing fish u all have :) oh lol I'm Jak btw :)

Hi Jak, and welcome to AA forum! :welcome: Sorry about your losses. That's always hard. But glad you found us. Be sure to read those links, cause it'll help to understand how to proceed.

Thanks all the ich page helped slot unfortunately the cycling page wouldn't open but I assume it means changing the water every week or so but leaving enough to let the appropriate bacteria accumulate if I'm wrong I'd appreciate someone filling me in plz :) and thanks all for the warm welcome

Thanks all the ich page helped slot unfortunately the cycling page wouldn't open but I assume it means changing the water every week or so but leaving enough to let the appropriate bacteria accumulate if I'm wrong I'd appreciate someone filling me in plz :) and thanks all for the warm welcome

I just learned about cycling but I already have fish. What now?!

Hmm... For some reason it is on Page 2. It's a little more than changing the water every week. It does deal with the bacteria that forms in your filter.

Back
Top Bottom