Hi all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pagey

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Had my aquarium about 6 months now but not long discovered this forum. Currently rocking a 100l tank with 8 tiger barbs, 8 serpae tetra, 2 platinum angel fish, 2 bristlenose catfish, a dragon goby and 2 african dwarf frogs i got today.

Attachments

• image-1891288409.jpg
    image-1891288409.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 110
Hi Pagey!
I foresee a few problems in your tank,
First off 100L is about 25 U.S Gallons which is pretty small for a few of your fish. Dragon Gobies need to be in at least 50+ gallons due to the size of the fish. You have a good group of barbs but these fish can sometimes become aggressive and could target the goby. The serpae tetra can also become aggressive as well. The Platinum Angelfish requires 40+ gallons especially being in a pair. Angels are cichlids and can become territorial so if you have two angels of the same sex there will be aggression issues. And keep an eye on the frogs just to make sure that they do not become lunch.
I'm sorry for starting with bad news right off the bat, but also
~*Welcome to AA*~

Cheers for the advise, iam quite new to the hobby so ive only really stocked my tank going by the advise of the shop assistant who told me to buy angels in pairs? The dragon goby is going back to the shop anyway to go into a very big display aquarium because as you said he has got quite large, and in such a short space of time :/ appreciate the advice!

It's perfectly alright to buy angels in pairs, often they are bought in trios because it's hard determining the sex until it reaches maturity and with three you have a better shot at obtaining a male and female. But considering how large they get putting them in your size tank isn't the best idea. Don't fret though, there are a good number of fish that could thrive in your tank. If your wanting to keep the frogs, try and go for a peaceful species such as Livebearers, Tetras, etc.
I personally love my Emperor Tetras, they are beautiful and very peaceful.
ForumRunner_20120922_035623.jpg

Shop keepers will tell you allot of stuff just to get you to buy, you could ask each and every one of us here and we all could tell you a LFS horror story.

Back
Top Bottom