Hi all!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suzmarie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm new here and still fairly new to the hobby about two years now. (Also a bit when I was young with the help of my mother) I have Had the ten gallon for two years now and it's doing extremely well. I recently purchased a 55 which has cycled now and has 7 danios and a mystery snail. Interested in possibly getting gourmis but not quite sure how many would suite the tank. I also would like any other stocking ideas since I have room to get creative. I saw the red flame gourami at petsmart and it really got my attention! So anything with those would be fun! Thanks so much for any advice in advance. Sometimes I feel like I'm gettin it, sometimes I feel like such a noob! Lol

Sent from my VS985 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1425361448232.jpg
    1425361448232.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 68
Welcome! That looks like it is going to be a really nice tank. If you get more danios, a pair of gouramis, and maybe some other species from that region, you can create an Indian biotope tank like what I am in the process of doing. You could also add some plants native to India to make it look very nice and authentic, but you don't have to. It's really up to you to decide! I hope this helps!

Oh, I almost forgot. If you get gouramis I think you are supposed to either get a male/female pair or a single fish. Don't get a pair of males!

I was thinking of getting some floating plants for the gouramis, from what I've read it seems like they would enjoy them. maybe duckweed? That's really all I know of for floating plants. Py pair you mean a male and female ? I would totally be okay with that since I'm a complete sap for a love story haha!

Oh my just saw your second post...silly me! Thank you for all your help! I know there is quite a bit I can do with this tank and that is exactly why I got it but now I almost feel overwhelmed with all the choices lol!

That's exactly how I felt, but I think since you already have/are interested in species from the same region, creating a biotope will narrow down the choices and seem much more natural.

Yes only do one gourami unless your intent is to breed them and even then most fish are aggressive during breeding. I would do giant danios in a 55g. Smaller ones are cool but I worry about a gourami being a bully because of size difference. It really comes down to the personality of the fish though.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Hello, welcome to Aquarium Advice! :welcome: Your tank is looking great, I love the dark substrate (I had dark substrate in my old 20g planted tank).

Back
Top Bottom