Hi all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danspohn75.ds

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was wondering what are a couple different schools of tetra that I could put in with my angelfish I'd hate for her to eat themIMG_0893.jpg

Have you got a QT you could grow them out a little? Small rosy barbs, neons and any little silvery fish inch size have been hunted. Rosy barbs did better with a bit of size to them.

Congo tetras were fine but probably too big for your tank.

Have you got a QT you could grow them out a little? Small rosy barbs, neons and any little silvery fish inch size have been hunted. Rosy barbs did better with a bit of size to them.

Congo tetras were fine but probably too big for your tank.

It's a 55 gallon with 1 angel and a Bristol nosed pleco. I would also like another angel. How many congos would fit?

What sort of dimensions is it? I have a school of 6 mature ones which I think is minimum in a 4ft x 2ft x 2.5ft. Also have 6 young ones. Mine are skittish and need room to move. About 3 and a bit inches long in length. Hopefully the younger ones will be less flighty.

I have 5 angelfish in there and find if one or two mark out an area then about 1 ft by 1 ft will get taken up. So I have had one or two at one end of tank, the rest at other end and the tetras floating around in the middle. Having a high, planted tank has helped but it's pretty full. So all depends how your angelfish get along. Might be best to have one as a centre display fish and increase the school of your tetras. The male congo tetras have fantastic colours once they get above 2 or so inches.

I've never had an issue with angle fish eating my schooling fish. I've always liked serpae tetras and lemon tetras. One of my favorites is rummynose but they are more expensive.

My tank is 48" x 12.5" x 21" I was leaning towards a school of Colombian tetras, and maybe a school of lemon tetras.

Those are sharp. How big of schools do you think I can get away with

What do you guys think about flame moss for rock and weeping moss for the driftwood

Back
Top Bottom