Hi all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NateNBeckie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just a little hello message. I'm still a "newb" to the saltwater aquarium world, but I'm having good luck. I have 3 tanks, and after I move, it'll be 4.

I have a 10 gallon freshwater that we've had for about a year. Not much to say about that other than I never touch it and it just keeps going and going. I did do a 50% water change the other day.

About 3 months ago we got a fish only 29 gallon saltwater setup. I had a Blue Damsel, a Yellow Tail Damsel, and a 4 stripe Damsel. I added a good size hermit Crab. I say "had" because my 4 stripe got stuck in a small spot and beat himself to death. Poor guy, I really felt bad. So we picked up this other Damsel, but I'm not sure what kind it is. The colors are strange on it.

A week ago I picked up another fish only 29 gallon setup from a guy in Maryland. That one came with a small Yellow Tail Damsel. I moved my funky Damsel in that tank because the yellow tail did nothing but hide. Having a friend got him to come out. This tank may end up with a couple Porcupine Puffers. My wife and I love them and they seem to be easy to take care of, as long as I keep the small fish and inverts out of the tank.

The other day I had a guy at work give me a 29 gallon Oceanic hexagon aquarium for free. Hood, light, tank, and most of his stuff except the filter. We were thinking of getting Seahorses, and my wife loves them, but they are too much maintenance for the time we have. I wouldn't want to kill them. So it may end up in my daughters room with maybe some clowns or something.

Eventually we will end up with no Damsels (the fish store will buy them back). I'm not sure what tank will do what. I have to keep the Damsels though since we're moving in 2 weeks. Also, I have another 10 gallon that I'm going to set up on one of the stands as a quarantine.

Anyway, sorry for the long intro. Just wanted to say hi. I'll try to get pics soon.

BTW, anyone know what I could use in the tank with the Porcupine Puffers for algae control?

Nate

Back
Top Bottom