Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-07-2005, 12:09 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all

Just a little hello message. I'm still a "newb" to the saltwater aquarium world, but I'm having good luck. I have 3 tanks, and after I move, it'll be 4.

I have a 10 gallon freshwater that we've had for about a year. Not much to say about that other than I never touch it and it just keeps going and going. I did do a 50% water change the other day.

About 3 months ago we got a fish only 29 gallon saltwater setup. I had a Blue Damsel, a Yellow Tail Damsel, and a 4 stripe Damsel. I added a good size hermit Crab. I say "had" because my 4 stripe got stuck in a small spot and beat himself to death. Poor guy, I really felt bad. So we picked up this other Damsel, but I'm not sure what kind it is. The colors are strange on it.

A week ago I picked up another fish only 29 gallon setup from a guy in Maryland. That one came with a small Yellow Tail Damsel. I moved my funky Damsel in that tank because the yellow tail did nothing but hide. Having a friend got him to come out. This tank may end up with a couple Porcupine Puffers. My wife and I love them and they seem to be easy to take care of, as long as I keep the small fish and inverts out of the tank.

The other day I had a guy at work give me a 29 gallon Oceanic hexagon aquarium for free. Hood, light, tank, and most of his stuff except the filter. We were thinking of getting Seahorses, and my wife loves them, but they are too much maintenance for the time we have. I wouldn't want to kill them. So it may end up in my daughters room with maybe some clowns or something.

Eventually we will end up with no Damsels (the fish store will buy them back). I'm not sure what tank will do what. I have to keep the Damsels though since we're moving in 2 weeks. Also, I have another 10 gallon that I'm going to set up on one of the stands as a quarantine.

Anyway, sorry for the long intro. Just wanted to say hi. I'll try to get pics soon.

BTW, anyone know what I could use in the tank with the Porcupine Puffers for algae control?

My other money pit...er...hobby is a Turbo Saturn.
NateNBeckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 12:24 AM   #2
God of primitive fishes
Send a message via MSN to Toirtis Send a message via Yahoo to Toirtis
Welcome to AA!

G. A. Christian Bilou, Herpetologist
Founder/Director, Reptile Rescue Alberta
Past-President, Calgary Aquarium Society
Toirtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 07:59 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 08:25 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak
Welcome to AA
If I'm so slow , why am I allways in the front?
slowboattochina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 02:50 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to oscarbreeder
Welcome to A.A.
Please remember to vote for Aquarium Advice!

oscarbreeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 05:34 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. -Pericles

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of Liberty -JFK
fishyrican is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com