Hi All! Been stalking for a week...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BldrArch

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've been stalking for a week since getting our tank. So I finally signed up.

Here's the story:
I wanted to get a Betta and a 5 gal w/heater, filter, etc. for my daughter. Went to the store and saw I was going to spend around $50 for a kit. Lo and behold they had the 20 gal on sale for $45 down from $100...sigh. Looks like I won't be getting that Betta after all...unless you can recommend good community fish for it?? :wink:

Well. I really don't know what I'm doing or how I'm even going to decorate the tank. Well, at least it will be natural. Being the newb I am, I did get a few live plants at said store but I'm not sure half are going to make it.

I'm currently on day 9 of my fishless cycle and am already getting NitrIte and NitrAte readings...maybe you can help me with my question on how this might already be possible?

So, Hi! And I'm sure I'll be learning lots of great stuff from you!

Give yourself a big pat on the back for doing fishless cycling!

Post a thread in the freshwater planted tank forum when you have time and give us any information you can on the plants you bought and what type of lighting you have and I'm sure we'll be able to help.

Welcome to AA!

Welcome to AA :D Your off to a great start with fishless cycling! I wish I did my research before getting my fish, oops :(
Anyways you can post this under freshwater general discussion and I'm sure people will answer any questions you may have :D

Back
Top Bottom