Hi all from Los Angeles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abyss81

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all Im Jorge and i have a 24g nano reef. Been in the hobby for 2yrs, posted some pics, would like some feedback thanks...

Attachments

• nano 24g first weeks.jpg
    nano 24g first weeks.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 126
  • nano with sailfin tang.jpg
    nano with sailfin tang.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 158
  • purple firefish.jpg
    purple firefish.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 61
  • side view with coco worm.jpg
    side view with coco worm.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 83
Looks good. Welcome to AA!!

But I see two tangs, clown, wrasse, & firefish. All that in a 24g. Wow! How long the tangs been in there. There will be problems in the future. How are your nitrates now?

The tank looks great, but as Ray said, the tangs don't belong in a tank that small. Not too sure about keeping the wrasse either. Anyway....

welcometoaa.gif

Only feedback I can give you is that`s a nice tank. Very impressive. Welcome to AA

Really nice looking tank! I agree with the concern about the tangs though. Those things get really big for a tank that small.

Welcome to AA! I think the tank looks great. I am also a freshie so can't offer specific advice but wanted to tell you it looks great.

I agree about the tangs, but those are some great shots!

thank you all for your comments

I had the tank for 2yrs its a nano-cube24 from jbj. My nitrate levels and all the rest have been on point so far, just cant let up on the maintenance. I have a mini skimmer on back and i add a chemipure elite every few months. Really clears up the water, even makes it look hd. Recently i added a Viper K2 70w Metal Halide, the corals have began to adapt and are opening much more.
Regarding having too much fish in the nano, that was at the beginning guess all the exciting of the hobby. Now i have just the blue tang, maroon clown fish and a candy cane shrimp.:D

With the constant work it seems you're putting into it, guess it's really paying off for you.

BTW, that a much more gooder fish load.:)

2 years with the blue tang? I'm scared of those in a large tank being kinda sensitive like they are I hear.

Still remains... great looking tank!

sturdy blue tang

Thanks for the compliments,Yeah blue tangs are sometimes hard to keep alive and happy, i guess i luck out with a strong one. How long have u had our tank up and running

Back
Top Bottom