Hi all from Oregon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kcm

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've visited this site as a guest many times and liked it a lot. The advice and information from the members here have been very helpful, it is a privilege for me to join.
I've had some sort of an aquarium going for the past 35 yrs. My first was a 5 gallon guppy tank, then a 10 gallon community tank. I now have a 29 gallon tank that I've kept going for the past 20 or so years.
I've experimented with many (freshwater) fish over the years. The most interesting (and frustrating) was a couple of largemouth bass. Several years ago, I caught 2 that were about 3" long and thought they would be fun to keep in my aquarium. I fed them bits of nightcrawlers, they'd take them right out of my fingers. After a few months, they were both big enough to eat them whole. I had the "bright" idea of adding feeder goldfish to the tank. I figured they'd eat 'till they're full and save some for later...... I was wrong. I woke up the next day to find a tank full of dead goldfish :banghead:.
Keeping the aquarium clean was a major hassle (bass poop a lot, it seems) but I stuck with it for a year. When I released them both (in the same spot I caught them) they were both around 8".
Well, thanks again for accepting me into this great forum, I'm looking forward to reading all of your posts and contributing when I can.

Welcome to AA! It sounds as though you've had quite the adventure! We're glad you've joined and are excited to see you here:D :welcome:

I, as another Pacific Northwesterner, welcome you here to AA! When I was little, I kept a Northern Pike for awhile, so I know the difficulty of keeping NA river fish. Lol. Sounds like yours was a great adventure!

Welcome to AA from another Oregonian :) I bet those bass were awesome pets, even if they were very murderous.

Back
Top Bottom