Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-09-2014, 01:43 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi all, looking to get back in the hobby

hi all, ive kept aquariums for about 18 years since about the age of ten. i had a little 20 gallon freshwater setup with gouramis and angel fish until i turned about 19 and made the move to salt water. ive had a 100 and 40 gallon saltwater setups and have kept FOWLR but have been out of the hobby for the past 4 years.

ive got water back in my 100 gallon tank and its been cycling for the last week. i have my trusty fluval 304 and my wet/dry sump underneath running. i plan on running my seaclone skimmer as well.

my plan is to do some live rock, small fish like a few clowns, mandarins and a few shrimp and snails. i also would like to venture into coral and anemones. the lamp i am currently looking at is a Coralife Aqualight HO T-5 Dual Lamp Aquarium Light Fixture. my tanks dimensions are 4' across and 24" deep. what do you think of this light for this size tank?

since ive been out of the aquarium game for the last few years, are there any new technologies that have come out in the last 5 years that i should be made aware of? anything new that i should get acclimated with?

also, and help or suggestions on what types of coral and anemones would be good for the invertebrate newbie? thanks in advance.
LONO100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com