hi all, looking to get back in the hobby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LONO100

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi all, ive kept aquariums for about 18 years since about the age of ten. i had a little 20 gallon freshwater setup with gouramis and angel fish until i turned about 19 and made the move to salt water. ive had a 100 and 40 gallon saltwater setups and have kept FOWLR but have been out of the hobby for the past 4 years.

ive got water back in my 100 gallon tank and its been cycling for the last week. i have my trusty fluval 304 and my wet/dry sump underneath running. i plan on running my seaclone skimmer as well.

my plan is to do some live rock, small fish like a few clowns, mandarins and a few shrimp and snails. i also would like to venture into coral and anemones. the lamp i am currently looking at is a Coralife Aqualight HO T-5 Dual Lamp Aquarium Light Fixture. my tanks dimensions are 4' across and 24" deep. what do you think of this light for this size tank?

since ive been out of the aquarium game for the last few years, are there any new technologies that have come out in the last 5 years that i should be made aware of? anything new that i should get acclimated with?

also, and help or suggestions on what types of coral and anemones would be good for the invertebrate newbie? thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom