Hi all new member

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Teetotalphil

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,I've been keeping goldfish most of my life but about 6 months ago I decided to go tropical and grabbed myself a second hand 4ft/18/18 tank not sure what it holds but seems pretty big to me (although I would kill for a bigger tank already lol but the wife says no) I've had good luck so far not many losses which has helped to keep me dedicated to the hobby this is my current setup at home,

My first tank is a 120ltr with a single goldfish of about 2 inches which is set up mainly for my little boy and has been running for about 10 months.

I have a small 55 litre tank with a single musk turtle.

My main tank is the 4ft and is a community tank with the following fish:
3 small marble angels
1 golden gourami
Bristlenose plec about 3"
2 albino corys
8 tiger barbs (mix of colours)
Pictus catfish about 3"
Rainbow shark about 2.5"
There is also a black and white striped plec not sure what he is but wasn't very cheap....

I hope I can continue to learn about this fascinating hobby through the experienced people in this forum.

Phil.

Welcome to AA!

Hate to break it to you, but those tiger barbs, they are going to leave your angelfish and gourami without fins soon! They are huge Finn nippers!
Are you talking about a zebra pleco! Those are 500 bucks! Rich! :p
Welcome to AA! Sounds like a nice tank:)

The tigers seem to be behaving themselves at the moment I took the advice from the lfs and bought quite a good sized shoal (8) and my dad always had then with angels etc when I was growing up with no problems if anything it's the golden gourami that does all the chasing etc lol

I have no idea why that smiley is there lol it's supposed to be the number 8...... Here's a pic of that plec really have no idea what he is but my little boy liked him so we got him cost me £55
This is where you all tell me he's nothing special and that I got ripped off lol.

image-1076952322.jpg

I have no idea why that smiley is there lol it's supposed to be the number 8...... Here's a pic of that plec really have no idea what he is but my little boy liked him so we got him cost me £55
This is where you all tell me he's nothing special and that I got ripped off lol.

View attachment 189342

I think he's a pretty awesome looking fish!

Oh my gosh he is gorgeous! Absolutely stunning!

Wow, that's a pretty cool pleco! It's not a zebra, but that looks pretty expensive!
Good to hear the barbs are behaving, good you bought a large sized school

Tiger barbs can be housed as "community fish" as long as they have enough room and are kept in a large enough group that they focus on themselves. Sounds like that is your situation so just keep an eye out. That pleco isn't the L-46 "Zebra pleco" that commands high dollar because of export limitation. It is IMO though even more gorgeous! Wow.... very nice!

Welcome aboard! :)

Thank you all for your very nice comments. ? I really do think he is one of the nicest plecs I have ever seen,shame he spends most of the time hiding up....

Back
Top Bottom