Hi all. Returning to the hobby.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Invert

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've had aquariums most of my life. Got out of the hobby about 8 years ago when we sold our house.

I was browsing craigslist and found an Aqueon 90G, full setup with high-end components for a really nice price...the owner was selling their home. I talked it over with the wife and she liked the idea as much as I did.

Right now I've replaced the crushed coral and put in a DSB with Caribsea aragonite special reef sand. I have quite a bit of macro algae in the 40g sump. I traded the fish (Lionfish and dragon wrasse) to a quality LFS.

The setup was 5 months old when I bought it and had about 60# of dry reef rock. It has some coraline algae growth. I've had this setup for about a month now and added 10 turbo snails, 10 hermit crabs, 10 nassarius snails, 8 micro stars and 40# of live rock from 4 different sources.

Water params look good and the tank remains stable. The plan is full reef replication and possibly a few fish, depending on what the tank throws at me.

I find it interesting how you always seem to return to the things you love throughout your life. Some might call it karma.

Back
Top Bottom