Hi All! Started hobby 6 months in - now i have 3 tanks :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mrsprinkles isnt bashing him, he is simply telling the OP advice and trying to show OP that he needs to be doing more on his tanks and stop slacking off.

I disagree that he needs to be doing more for his tanks and he needs to stop slacking. I'd say both my reef and fw tank are on the heavy side of stocking and I do a water change once every 3 weeks. My nitrates remain at 0 constantly. My corals are thriving and my fish look and eat great. I guess I'm slacking to much...if something works for a tank keep at it. Just because your tank works one way, doesn't mean someone else's will. I'm not condoning doing water changes infrequently I'm just saying, if it has been working why change it. I guess since my trates are always 0 on my tanks, I'm doing something wrong since my tanks stocked heavy. There is nothing really set in stone in this hobby. Everybody has their own way. I do agree that the op is overstocked though but if it works it works. Welcome to AA! Don't be discouraged, it is a great forum!

I disagree that he needs to be doing more for his tanks and he needs to stop slacking. I'd say both my reef and fw tank are on the heavy side of stocking and I do a water change once every 3 weeks. My nitrates remain at 0 constantly. My corals are thriving and my fish look and eat great. I guess I'm slacking to much...if something works for a tank keep at it. Just because your tank works one way, doesn't mean someone else's will. I'm not condoning doing water changes infrequently I'm just saying, if it has been working why change it. I guess since my trates are always 0 on my tanks, I'm doing something wrong since my tanks stocked heavy. There is nothing really set in stone in this hobby. Everybody has their own way. I do agree that the op is overstocked though but if it works it works. Welcome to AA! Don't be discouraged, it is a great forum!

True, this is a great forum! He is looking for advice so why hold it back??? What you just said is basically "i have a 10g with 20 fish. None of them have died so it is fine to keep them in here." the fish are surviving not thriving...

Hey thanks for that, i agree. Everyone has there own methods that work, all tests are good and the tank is thriving. People do everything by the book and their fish still die! I have baby swordtails in there and they are surviving and the snails are breeding as well, all of the fish are very colourful and dont lose colour...so they are not stressed. I'm not here to get advice im here to share photos etc. and see other peoples nice fish and think about new ideas for tanks. Don't even know why i gave into that interrogation by mr sprinkles asking me 101 questions of how im operating my tanks, all i see is him blasting ppl like a know it all with nothing positive to say. i know what im doing is right and not harming any fish. So people can say whatever. Dont care.

Hey thanks for that, i agree. Everyone has there own methods that work, all tests are good and the tank is thriving. People do everything by the book and their fish still die! I have baby swordtails in there and they are surviving and the snails are breeding as well, all of the fish are very colourful and dont lose colour...so they are not stressed. I'm not here to get advice im here to share photos etc. and see other peoples nice fish and think about new ideas for tanks. Don't even know why i gave into that interrogation by mr sprinkles asking me 101 questions of how im operating my tanks, all i see is him blasting ppl like a know it all with nothing positive to say. i know what im doing is right and not harming any fish. So people can say whatever. Dont care.

You obliviousy dont need help then... If you are to stubborn to want to take peoples advice than so be it. There is no helping you. Just because you think your right doesnt make you right. Looking at the videos you put i think that says enough. The cloudy water and all the particles floating around. But again advice was given and you denied it.

Just my 2cents...

A friendly reminder of the rules:
Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Excessive sarcasm, belligerence, insults, name calling, profanity, anger, offensive comments about race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and national origin, are not acceptable.

True, this is a great forum! He is looking for advice so why hold it back??? What you just said is basically "i have a 10g with 20 fish. None of them have died so it is fine to keep them in here." the fish are surviving not thriving...

That's not what I said at all...yes his tanks are overstocked but I'm not going to come to his thread, say everything he has done is wrong and tell him he is not properly caring for his fish. If his tank was tiny and had a million fish then i would have a diiferent opinion. the tanks are not tiny and are not insanely overstocked. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but the guy is new to the sight and I wouldn't want to stay if people bashed me as soon as I shared my tank. Reading the thread I think he has taken some advice and I think people need to remember what being a noobie is like. This would not be a hobby if mistakes had never been made. Lets all be friends! :)

As mentioned above the thread is closed but I do want to remind everyone that everyone has the ability to post their opinion without being attacked or flamed. If you disagree or agree simply put your opinion down and leave it at that. Let the OP decide who`s opinion or experience he is going to use. Do not attack the the persons post. Just move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom