Hi All! Started hobby 6 months in - now i have 3 tanks :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm everything with my tank is fine. All is tested and well. Every result. Theres nothing else i can say, don't worry about the advice.

The nitrate level is 7 ppm

What test kit are you using? And yeah you're overstocked AND mixing wrong fish types.

In my opinion the sharks, goldies, and pleco should all be rehomed. And not rehomed in your smaller tanks. You're risking all those fishes health by stunting their growth.

You may have been fortunate so far in your endeavors but sooner or later you'll be posting in the Unhealthy fish section.

Your clown loaches will experience stunted growth and die prematurely. Thats really what it comes down to, the fish just need a larger tank. You never answered my tin foil barbs or tetra question and considering there is no such thing as a tin foil tetra I'm gonna assume they're barbs. They also get way bigger than that tank. Your filtration and wc schedule may be able to keep up right now but half those fish require a much larger tank long term. Just look up minimum size requirements for those 2 fish and you will see that the guy who sold them to you for your tank was so wrong. It is unfair to the fish to be put in such a small tank.

Your clown loaches will experience stunted growth and die prematurely. Thats really what it comes down to, the fish just need a larger tank. You never answered my tin foil barbs or tetra question and considering there is no such thing as a tin foil tetra I'm gonna assume they're barbs. They also get way bigger than that tank. Your filtration and wc schedule may be able to keep up right now but half those fish require a much larger tank long term. Just look up minimum size requirements for those 2 fish and you will see that the guy who sold them to you for your tank was so wrong. It is unfair to the fish to be put in such a small tank.

Crap I posted on the wrong thread my bad...

Im using the LaMotte Nitrate Testing kit 3110, they are all doing fine at this stage and i understand that they will later need to be rehomed. My partner has been doing this for over 6 years now. I wouldnt purposely harm or stress the fish. We track their progress and they will be moved when required. When ensure all checks are in order and we arent lousy in taking care of them.

Say what u want! Ive managed to keep them all together. Everyone says you cant do this and u cant do that so people don't try. Ive done it and successful. Have a good day all. LOL.

Angelfish are cichlids. :whistle:
And your nitrate level can't be 7ppm. You must be using the test wrong. Not with that many fish.

holy hell give the man a break. ive read through 3 pages of you bashing him and telling him hes doing everything wrong. clearly, if hes had the tank up for several months and hasn't lost any fish, hes doing something right enough. heaven forbid if someone does something outside the norm and accepted. it cant possibly ever work. to the OP, welcome to AA!! glad to see another enthusiastic hobbyist join us here. if you haven't learned yet, know that there rarely is a right and wrong to this beautiful hobby, just what is generally accepted as good. if you are doing water changes every 2-3 weeks and the nitrates are hovering around 5-10 then congrats! some people feel the need to beat people down on here relentlessly because they cant fathom the thought of someone doing something different. just keep an eye out for when those lil guys get bigger;)

holy hell give the man a break. ive read through 3 pages of you bashing him and telling him hes doing everything wrong. clearly, if hes had the tank up for several months and hasn't lost any fish, hes doing something right enough. heaven forbid if someone does something outside the norm and accepted. it cant possibly ever work. to the OP, welcome to AA!!

I'm with Huma-huma... Give the man a break. Give him the advice and have him do with it what he will. Y'all are the best with advice and guidance. Omar, your tank is definitely overstocked, definitely need the change to the cleaning regimen but overall, WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

Hi Everyone,
My name is Omar and me and my partner Josh started with our first aquarium! We got so addicted that we bought another two and now they surround us in our living room.
I'm in the finance sector and Josh is in Retail.

These are our tanks.

Tank1: 227.50 litres. 101 x 49 x 50
Tank2: 100.00 litres.
Tank3: 70.00 litres.

All have live plants, rocks, driftwood and ornaments.
We've enjoyed it everyday since.

We have over 46 fish and some of our favourites are: Featherfin Squeaker Catfish, Pleco, Angelfish, Blotched upside down catfish and moonlight gourami! But they are pretty much all favourites!

We've joined this community to share information and chat about fish stuff.

Ive attached a video of our big tank and will be posting up all my fish pics. Glad to be a part of this community!

Cheers
Omar

From Australia

Hi Omar, just saw you are in Australia and wondered which part? I didn't twig when I saw the litres as have gotten used to thinking in gallons, lol. I'm over in Perth. Must be nice to have three tanks, I'm still working on getting a second one :)

holy hell give the man a break. ive read through 3 pages of you bashing him and telling him hes doing everything wrong. clearly, if hes had the tank up for several months and hasn't lost any fish, hes doing something right enough. heaven forbid if someone does something outside the norm and accepted. it cant possibly ever work. to the OP, welcome to AA!! glad to see another enthusiastic hobbyist join us here. if you haven't learned yet, know that there rarely is a right and wrong to this beautiful hobby, just what is generally accepted as good. if you are doing water changes every 2-3 weeks and the nitrates are hovering around 5-10 then congrats! some people feel the need to beat people down on here relentlessly because they cant fathom the thought of someone doing something different. just keep an eye out for when those lil guys get bigger;)

I'm not bashing him, I'm trying to steer him in the right direction.

Mrsprinkles isnt bashing him, he is simply telling the OP advice and trying to show OP that he needs to be doing more on his tanks and stop slacking off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom