Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-07-2013, 10:21 PM   #1

Hi All! Started hobby 6 months in - now i have 3 tanks :)

Hi Everyone,
My name is Omar and me and my partner Josh started with our first aquarium! We got so addicted that we bought another two and now they surround us in our living room.
I'm in the finance sector and Josh is in Retail.

These are our tanks.

Tank1: 227.50 litres. 101 x 49 x 50
Tank2: 100.00 litres.
Tank3: 70.00 litres.

All have live plants, rocks, driftwood and ornaments.
We've enjoyed it everyday since.

We have over 46 fish and some of our favourites are: Featherfin Squeaker Catfish, Pleco, Angelfish, Blotched upside down catfish and moonlight gourami! But they are pretty much all favourites!

We've joined this community to share information and chat about fish stuff.

Ive attached a video of our big tank and will be posting up all my fish pics. Glad to be a part of this community!

Cheers
Omar

From Australia

Old 11-08-2013, 12:10 AM   #2

Hi there. I'm new here too. Your link is non-existent. Can't see the video of your tank.

Old 11-08-2013, 12:35 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistersprinkles View Post
Hi there. I'm new here too. Your link is non-existent. Can't see the video of your tank.
How do I get the video going do you know? A bit lost with this?
Old 11-08-2013, 12:40 AM   #4

Quote:
http://instagram.com/p/f4-c3vjtK-/

This is the link
Old 11-08-2013, 01:27 AM   #5

I see many issues. Keeping goldfish with tropicals... and two male dwarf gouramis? They fight. Also, I saw a goldfish nip your angel's tail. That causes stress. And your tank looks overstocked.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:32 AM   #6

Quote:
I see many issues. Keeping goldfish with tropicals... and two male dwarf gouramis? They fight. Also, I saw a goldfish nip your angel's tail. That causes stress. And your tank looks overstocked.
Yeah the gouramis have been moved now and they dont fight, the goldfish incident was a once off. They dont have nips in there tails, the goldfish was sucking and got him. We watch them close to about 2 hrs a day. Little baby swordtails are also living in there and growing pretty quick and the angels seem to be ready to lay coz they are cleaning and protecting their area now. I will post a new video soon that one was before the changes we made.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:34 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar_Salkic View Post
Yeah the gouramis have been moved now and they dont fight, the goldfish incident was a once off. They dont have nips in there tails, the goldfish was sucking and got him. We watch them close to about 2 hrs a day. Little baby swordtails are also living in there and growing pretty quick and the angels seem to be ready to lay coz they are cleaning and protecting their area now. I will post a new video soon that one was before the changes we made.
Your fish did not look unhealthy but try to thin the stock out from what it was in the video. It was too much. How often are you doing water changes, how much are you changing, and what filter with what media do you have on that tank? Just curious. Maybe I can help u.

I'll give you an example of what I consider to be a reasonable stock level for a community tank. In a 55gal (200L) I had a pair of angelfish, 10 bleeding heart tetras, a bushynose pleco, and about 8 corys. Most of those fish are 2" or so. Pleco is about 4" max. Angels were about 7" tip to tip.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:40 AM   #8

Hi, thanks for that and yes we separated them among the other two tanks we have now, heres the current look of the tank. Its a lot calmer.

http://instagram.com/p/gcTFrxDtEb/
Old 11-08-2013, 01:43 AM   #9

Water changes are done every 2-3 weeks depending on the look of it and its about a 20% water change. The filter has sponge and carbon media. There are a few baby size algae eaters that are cleaning the tanks which we will remove once they get too big.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:46 AM   #10

These are the fish in Fish Tank 1, if you look in my photos i have one of these for each tanks. Thanks and this is cool being able to chat about fish!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3511813195.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	244.6 KB
ID:	206674  

Tags
hob, star, start, started, tan, tank, tanks

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Help? | Hello »