Hi and Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ella18

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone I have recently acquired (bought second hand) a 6ft aquarium with fish included,once I got it home I noticed that the fish included 2 gold gourami,2 blue gourami,various tetras,an albino cordy and to my surprise tiger barbs,Odessa barbs and a cichlid.I have no experience with the barbs and cichlid as I have always had peaceful community tanks but everything I have read up told me that these guys definatley wernt going to be nice to the gourami.After seperating the gourami from the barbs and cichlid I noticed that one of the blue gourami has tatty fins and is hanging on the bottom.All the others look fine and he is still swimming and eating just looking quite under the weather.The amonia and nitrite levels are both 0 and like I said all the other fish are fine,is it possible that he was being stressed by both the move and the other fish?I have added stresscoat to the tank,Is there anything I should do?Thanks,Ella

I think you're probly right. I don't know much about barbs but I know cichlids get aggressive normally. I would keep an eye on them for now and just see what develops. If the gourami has tattered looking fins, I would say he's been nipped at though.

Back
Top Bottom