Hi! and Nitrogen Bubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WendyB

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi!

I just joined this site and I'm looking forward to sharing/learning about healthy fish keeping!

I bought a male Betta for my daughter for Christmas. She is four years old. Upon doing research I realized, after one day, that I needed to get Handsome a bigger, warmer tank. Once it was all set up and I had added a school of neons, I was hooked! I just added two corys last week once it was completely cycled.

I keep them at a cozy 78 degrees and do semi-weekly 15-20% water changes. They all seem very happy and relaxed.

My pressing question at this time is about Nitrogen Bubbles when filling my heated tank with new water. It's winter up here and apparently the problem with gases in the water is worse when the water was originally cold.

I hope to hear about what other people do with regard to water changes for a larger tank too as I am getting a 29 gallon in a few days. And how to degas the water of the nasty bubbles.

Thanks for reading!

Wendy & Handsome and the crew

Hi Wendy, welcome to AA! This is my first time hearing about nitrogen bubbles. So I can't really comment there. Does your water source have nitrates? Anyways, glad to hear you got a larger tank for the Betta. They really do much better in heated and filtered tanks.

Back
Top Bottom