Hi, another Newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chris H

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all and thanks for the warm welcome. I am very new to aquariums and fish keeping. My son and I have been given a 40 gallon tank, Fluval 205 external filter and various extras. I think this was a Fluval Venecia (?) tank/stand kit.
We are very grateful and I am looking forward to enjoying this hobby with my son.
I have enrolled with this forum so as to gain some knowledge about keeping an aquarium. We both want to take our time and get it right first time, and my son says that he only wants a decent sized shoal of Tetras to begin with.
So over the coming days we will be studying comments/advise given here, and have our heads buried in the books.
Regards,
Chris and Matty (12)

Welcome aboard! Glad your here, I am in the process with my 7 yr old son as well, its a great learning experience.

Hi Chris and Matti, and welcome to the forum!:welcome: What an exciting learning experience for you to enjoy with your son. You may have already found these links for yourselves, but in case you haven't, here's some great introductory material from the forum to get you started in the right direction:http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...started-check-out-these-resources-154837.html.
Be sure to read the fishless cycling article BEFORE you buy any fish, and feel free to ask ANY questions you may have, in one of the freshwater forums. Someone will be happy to help. And good for you for doing your research before you get your fish.
Have fun, both of you with your new hobby (addicting as you will soon discover).:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom