hi...another newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

georgetheplec

Aquarium Advice Regular
hi,
this is me.
im kinda new to fish keeping, but i have always wanted to have a beautiful tank set up and maybe expand to a koi pond in the yard, one day...
i have a 55gallon freshwater fish tank containing, a large plec, called george, 2 silver dollars, 1 yellow tetra, 4 silver tetra (cant think of the names) and 9 red minor tetra.
my tank and some of the fish were a craigslist bargain, i got it in may, im kinda new to fish keeping, but im trying to give it my best shot. my hubby was in two minds about the new addition to the home, we had a few complications with setting the tank back up and i lost a couple of the original fish, but replaced what was lost with smaller ones, except george and the silver dollars, the rest i bought from petsmart...so far ive not lost any of the new ones. (fingers crossed)
im not sure if george is male or female, but he seems quite happy, he is about 16inch long and i was told he was a leopard plec? he feeds off the top, when it is feeding time, he lets me know. the red minors are great schooling fish, weaving in and out of the decor and plants, and the other tetra hang out with the dollars.
it seems like a happy home.
:fish2:

Back
Top Bottom