Hi everyone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fcaquarium

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone, I am glad to be a member!

I have joined because I am new to the aquarium hobby, and would like some advice on what would be a good first choice for a smallish aquarium. 20-30gallon. With this I would also like to find out what are the best brands/types of aquariums to buy online??

Cheers

Hello and welcome :wave:

I avoid buying aquariums online, due to size and fragility shipping cost are so high you are not saving any money over buying from a store.
Used aquariums from places like Ebay and Craigslist are a less expensive way to get a nice setup.

aqueon aquarium kit (10, 20, 29, and 55) comes with a heater and a filter light/hood
although the filter is not the best one you can get its saves you some money because you are buying a bundle
petlandiscount sells a 29 gallon kit $129

Yea thinking I might get a aqueon deluxe startet kit.. what do you think?

i got 10 gallon deluxe kit
it came with the tank hood lights filter but no heater and i had to buy it separately
the bigger deluxe versions 20, 29, 55 come with heaters as well as everything else mentioned above
the filter is not the best filter you can get but with that price i can deal with it
i attached filter max prefilter Filter-Max II to my filter uptake hoping to increase the filtering ability...i guess if you plan on lightly stocked tank this filtering inadequecy wouldnt be a problem
other than that issue i completely like my set and keeping aqueon as one of the options to choose from when i upgrade to a bigger tank

Back
Top Bottom