hi everyone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bungle

Aquarium Advice Freak
geez, i found this place, registered, and just started browsing all the other stuff without even realizing there was a place to make introductions! so, allow me to back up and start over by saying hello to you all!
my name is nate, i'm 27, and live in california. i've grown up with animals in the house my whole life. cats, dogs, mice, rats, lizards, turtles, but i haven't had fish since i was a little kid. even then, it was just some goldfish that i won at carnivals!
a friend of mine had a collection of interesting fish (j.dempsey, oscar, shovelnose cat, electric cat) at his place. after watching those guys swim around and do their thing, it didn't take long for me to decide i needed a tank of my own.
i'm still in the process of saving up for everything, and in the meantime, i've been scouring the web, reading anything and everything i can that might be of use once i get started. thats how i stumbled across AA! you guys are great! its one thing to look up and read articles written on fish care, but here, there is such a wealth of info because of the sharing of personal experience and info. i imagine i'll start off doing a whole lot of reading, but eventually, once my tank is up and running i'll be able to contribute what i've learned and maybe help out somebody starting out, just as i am now.
by the way, i'm also new to using forums! so this whole venture is a total learning experience. bear with me! :wink: so.... i don't think i can make this any longer than it already is, let me end this by saying thanks for having me here!

Welcome to Aquarium Advice Nate.

Your doing the right thing by learning BEFORE you get your tank.
Good luck and dont forget to cycle the tank.

Back
Top Bottom