Hi everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

d_flo_yo

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys,

I'm 27, IT professional, DC Metro area. I recently purchased a Fluval Edge 6 Gallon. I over research the equipment I buy and know the good/bad about most of it. This tank has proven to be a huge pain, but I fell in love with it when it first came out and finally have a chance to build one.

My previous tank was a 30 gallon tall with a small school of tiger barbs, a leopard catfish, a few danios and a couple of beautiful angelfish. I shared that tank with my roommates and we donated everything to some anxious beginners. Ill find a picture and put it in this thread. I also had a salt water aquarium in my marine science class in HS but that was a while ago.

The edge is an iwagumi-ish setup, I swapped the LED light on it for the 12 gallon light. I hacked the arms off of the original light and I just set it on top to fill in the shadows. My girlfriend insisted on a beach after searching though google images so I put one in :). Dwarf hairgrass for now and cycling the water. ADA substrate, powersand special and Amazonia soil. Got the rocks on eBay and the big ones were almost the same size :(. Ill make a thread for it so people can comment and criticize.

I've been reading this forum for a while. I'm more of a reader than a poster but Ill contribute what I can.

Just because I have read so many posts ill clear a few things up ....

I will do water changes
I will do water changes
I will do water changes
I will not over stock the tank

Attachments

• image-1109932367.jpg
    image-1109932367.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 98
  • image-4026585951.jpg
    image-4026585951.jpg