Hi Everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BMF4life13

Aquarium Advice Newbie
HI,
Here is a quick look at my set put: I have a 55 gallon tank that is filled to about 47-50 gallons full. Inside my fish range from 3 Gouromie, 1 molly, 1 plates, 3 small catfish, 3 ruby tetras, 6 zebra danios, 3 guppies, with three snails. I have 3 different live plants, java moss, and two different java ferns I believe.
I just found out I was using the wrong type of lighting for the last year(the light in the box was not the same as the box, I looked up the bulb when the new light was totally different)!! I am going to be adding more pictures and a video soon. I am open to any advice i can get on my tank. I have had about half of the fish I buy die over the last year. I have had the tank set up for over a year now and it have been a bump year.
I have not had any fish reproduce in the tank and my plants have just stated to grow, besides my java moss it grows live ... a moss. I have a light for the last year that turns out was for coral growth so I think i finally solved why only the plant that got sun light from outside has grown.

Attachments

• IMG_4625.jpg
    IMG_4625.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_4628.jpg
    IMG_4628.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_4626.jpg
    IMG_4626.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4627.jpg
    IMG_4627.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 69
Three gouramis sounds potentially very bad. From what I've read, males will get very aggressive toward each other, and they are best kept in pairs with one male and one female. Do you know what the male:female ratio is?

Three gouramis sounds potentially very bad. From what I've read, males will get very aggressive toward each other, and they are best kept in pairs with one male and one female. Do you know what the male:female ratio is?

I'd really depends. Dwarf gourami are mainly the aggressive ones. I have seen multiple (not dwarf!) gourami work well in the same tank.

Also most of those fish are schooling. Need to even out the numbers.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Mine are doing well together. I have an Female opaline, a female three sopt, and a male golden red(not sure what type). They have a pecking order. Male medium , then the bigger female, then the smallest female.

Back
Top Bottom