Hi Everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Extremerecluse

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I jumped into this headfirst without much research. Right now, I have a 20 GALLON. I have all tropical. African ciclids which are so aggressive. They never stop terrorizing the tank mates. What should I do? I offered to swap them at Wal-Mart for other non-aggressive fish.

You may try joining a local fish club and see if any members will swap or buy your fish. You need to decide what kind of tank you want. If you want a more peaceful tank, research fish that are the right size and compatibility.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the community.
A 20g is too small for most cichlids. I don't know anything about Walmart pet policies, but if you have a LFS (Local Fish Store) in your area, many will take unwanted livestock in exchange for store credit. You'll get better quality fish, and better advice at a LFS than you would at Walmart also, I believe.

Welcome to the community.
A 20g is too small for most cichlids. I don't know anything about Walmart pet policies, but if you have a LFS (Local Fish Store) in your area, many will take unwanted livestock in exchange for store credit. You'll get better quality fish, and better advice at a LFS than you would at Walmart also, I believe.
On a budget. I need to get some more calmer fish. The ones I have now are fast swimmers and never stop chasing.

I will upload pics soon. I have small gravel in the bottom, a large artificial log and other artificial plants. I have a 200W heater. The tank was a kit from Walmart. I just bought fish without doing any research. The more calm fish I have, the calmer the aggressive fish get.

Back
Top Bottom