Hi everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi. Been researching this as to what fish.

Looking at
1) Cardinal or Neon Tetra.
2) Swordtails
3) Cherry Barb
4) Platy?
5) Black Molly
6) small goldfish
7) 8 Peco
That's about it for now.

Haha, just kidding on the Peco. :D

Neons/cardinal tetras would work. Platies would also work. Swordtails get bigger than you think and are super active so they would need a bigger tank. I had mollies and they like bigger tanks as well.
There are species of dwarf plecos you can look into.
The cherry barbs would work. Gold barbs are ni e if you can find them.
I was just told on one of my posts that goldfish are a definite no.

Why are goldfish a def. no ??
Never mind; I googled it.

Oh yeah, and one male Siamese Fighting fish.

You can do a female betta with platys or tetras. They are less territorial than males. Just have a backup plan in case they decide to get mean. Mine never did.

Unfortunately if you're not careful you could end up with MTS (multiple tank syndrome) lol.

The problem is that there are so may different varieties of fish you end up with more than one tank, even after you promise yourself you won't set up another one. I have a 55 gallon tank set up and am thinking about doing a 20 gallon cold water tank. This is after I just shut down an 8.8 gallon blackwater betta tank.

Unfortunately if you're not careful you could end up with MTS (multiple tank syndrome) lol.

The problem is that there are so may different varieties of fish you end up with more than one tank, even after you promise yourself you won't set up another one. I have a 55 gallon tank set up and am thinking about doing a 20 gallon cold water tank. This is after I just shut down an 8.8 gallon blackwater betta tank.
So when are you graduating to a 6 foot tank [emoji16]

The lfs in my area has a 300 gallon tank+cabinet stand for sale. It's gorgeous, but also like $3000.
I also have no idea how he got it through the door.

Lol. Ya they are pretty darn big. Hard part is lifting them on the stand if it's glass. My next tank will be a 240g that I'm putting in the living room. Same footprint as a 300g but not as tall. 8 foot tank

Back
Top Bottom