Hi everyone from the lone star state.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

removedastars

Aquarium Advice Regular
hi all! my name is lauren and i just joined your forum. i recently moved to texas from the dc area where i first started to cultivate my love for keeping aquariums. just yesterday i finally bought my first tank since i've been in texas. it's a beautiful 46 gal bowfront tank which i will be filling today with some sort of cichlid mix [havent decided yet]. My favorite fish to keep are cichlids [of all kinds!], bettas, and fancy guppies. i'm very excited about sharing my experience with ya'll and learn from you as well. :D

~lauren

If you bought the tank yesterday, please don't put fish in it yet. Read these articles first.

Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycle

oh yes dskidmore i'm very familar with the nitrogen cycle and the great benefit of cycling without fish, i'm sorry if i worried you i merely meant that i was going to shop for fish. haha :p found exactly what i wanted today!

Welcome to AA, very glad to have you here. Also glad you are familiar with the fishless cycling process.

a beautiful 46 gal bowfront tank which i will be filling today with some sort of cichlid mix

i'm sorry if i worried you i merely meant that i was going to shop for fish. haha :p found exactly what i wanted today!
Well, it was sounding a little scary!

So what did you decide to stock the tank with? You going to do any sort of themed aquascaping, or a generic gravel/sand bed?

welcometoaa.gif

Welcome to the site! I was born in Tx and am now stuck in the DC area.

So what did you decide to stock the tank with? You going to do any sort of themed aquascaping, or a generic gravel/sand bed?

i'm starting simply with fake plants and decor but will eventually be swapping out the fake plants for some really ones once i have all the fish in and know what will work best with them. To start I pretty much set on 2 green terror, 2 midas, 2 blood parrots, and 2 silver-tipped sharks.
what do ya'll think of that combo? i think it's gonna end up being a new world tank :D i just love them!

oh i forgot to mention that i work for petsmart right now which is pretty sweet, the whole employee discount and all :p

Back
Top Bottom