Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-31-2008, 10:51 PM   #11
AA Team Emeritus

Hi Bob!

If you put your wife's curio cabinet in the garage, you may find your bed on the porch with the dog! But at least your 55 gallon will have a nice place in the house!

An t-iasg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 06:53 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

Welcome to the best site for fish, fun and fellowship ---- And Yup, your getting addicted and ironically this is a place of therapy for when you may experience some mind altering set backs with your tank and yet it also gives you the info you need to fuel your addiction - catch 22.
My addiction started with the "Special Price 10 gallon Starter Set". As soon as I had it purring I wanted more .... and bigger

Old 06-01-2008, 07:32 PM   #13
Algae Fighter

Send a message via MSN to JustOneMore20
Welcome to AA, Bob! We won't help you with your addiction here though, we fuel it!

JustOneMore20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 10:32 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to RJRofFL
OK, I innocently printed out plans for building a DIY stand for a 55G tank and left it on my desk with a note saying "Just a thought."
My wife saw it, and added a printout of plans for building a DIY Dog House with a sign over the entrance with my name on it!

So now, I'm working on Plan B, which is thinking of a way to convice her that perhaps Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny might bring one.

Think it will fly?

Bob R
Old 06-02-2008, 12:23 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to marchmaxima
Do this:

Syphon off into a safe place a little cash, just a few bucks here and there. Just enough so she won't notice. Then, when you have enough money, give it to your mum/dad/friend/relative/total stranger. They then buy you a "gift" at a strategic time (xmas, birthday, etc).

Win win!
marchmaxima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 12:36 PM   #16
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
Welcome to the site!
Hmmm, put the tank in the dog house!

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Articles
Acronym List

--Scott
roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 01:22 PM   #17
AA Team Emeritus

You might want to wait a little after your anniversary stunt you pulled! Haha... I found that being persistent pays off! I just setup my second tank yesterday, after nearly a year of begging
Old 06-02-2008, 07:46 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Activist

Yeah, I guess you all are right. That anniversary stunt was a kicker!

Guess I'll have to work on a different approach.

Let me practice:

Yes, dear, I'd love to do the dishes tonight!

No, dear, that dress actually makes you look thinner!

Here, dear, let me fold the laundry!

Gosh, that meal was delicious! You are a wonderful cook! Can I get a new fish tank?

Do I get any points for above?

Bob R
Old 06-02-2008, 08:43 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to marchmaxima
Oh I simply can not resist inproviding my insight of how that thus comments may be received. And please don't be offended because I give this advice in order to help you get a new tank... so go with me on this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJRofFL View Post
Yes, dear, I'd love to do the dishes tonight!
Hahahaha - I've never heard anything so perposterious before in my life. I hate dishes, as does everyone. Try "Hon you made a wonderful meal (assminng she cooked) . The least I can do is clean up". For extra special touch she won't be expecting, clean the sink when you're finished washing up. Make it sparkle! don't forget the taps.

Quote:
No, dear, that dress actually makes you look thinner!
Does any woman actually direct this question to blokes anymore? If so, it is an entrapment method. We know you're trapped, and can't say a thing... Try this.... BEFORE she prompts for a comment, get in first. Say "Wow, I've not noticed before how nice you look in that dress/top/outfit, etc", giver her a hug and leave it at that.

Quote:
Here, dear, let me fold the laundry!

Quote:
Gosh, that meal was delicious! You are a wonderful cook! Can I get a new fish tank?
You are going to have to use the last one every day after every meal. This is called nagging and it works! Eventually, you will get your way.

Quote:
Do I get any points for above?
Most definitely and persistence is key. Throw in several "I love you"s and hugs throughout the day. Keep all that up and you'll have a new tank within 6 months.
marchmaxima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:13 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Activist

Many thanks, marchmaxima, for your wonderful insight to my situation. In fact, I would call it "pretty spiffy!"
BTW, I admire your accent. I have a friend in London who always calls me a "blankity-blank bloke from accross the pond." Not sure if has same meaning in Aussie.

Knowing my wife as I do, I suspect her replies would be (in order):

Do dishes = "What did you break now!"
Dress = "You mean this old thing?"
Fold Laundry = "Did you dent the car again?"
Great meal = "Thank you and No!"

However, you've given me great inspiration.

To commemorate the Discovery Landing at the Docking Station today, I will quote from that famous toy Buzz Lightyear,

"To infinity and beyond!"

Thanks again.

Bob R

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com