Hi everyone, from the Sunshine State

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Many thanks, marchmaxima, BTW, I admire your accent. I have a friend in London who always calls me a "blankity-blank bloke from accross the pond." Not sure if has same meaning in Aussie.

I have an accent?

Yeah, that saying works for me. In fact, it rings true here more than anywhere else. Australia is one massive island so to us, everyone is across the pond.

Knowing my wife as I do, I suspect her replies would be (in order):

Do dishes = "What did you break now!"
Dress = "You mean this old thing?"
Fold Laundry = "Did you dent the car again?"
Great meal = "Thank you and No!"

Ah I see your problem and I can help you fix it.

If that is her likely reaction then you have failed to understand that this effort must be worked into day-to-day living. why? It all has to do with marriage financials. That being debit and credit.

From the sounds of it, you are good at buttering her up to make up for fact that you have done something wrong (this is debt). Change the strategy so you are buttering her up for something you will do/want in the future (this is credit).

Credit is good. hugs = 1 point. Flowers = 5 points. Household chores = more credit than you think. Lots n lots of credit = fish room!

Hmmmm, I wonder if have I generalised enough to offend anyone yet.....

OK. Credit is good.

Got to work on credit.

Hugs=credit good
Housework=credit good
Doing dishes=credit good
Broke a dish=oops! debt - minor setback.

Workin' on it.

Bob, you could always try and get her interested in the hobby too.

"Hey hon, come watch this cleaner shrimp clean my hand."

Be sure to feed when she is around.

Get her to notice how the fish come to the glass when gets close (don't tell her they think she's going to feed them).

Do not invite her to do pwc's or other maintenance with you (until she's hooked)!

Thanks for all the great advice. You'll have been so helpful.

I do think we are making a little progress.

My wife has mastered the "Python" and does enjoy the WCs, in fact sometimes I think a little too much. She seems to enjoy hovering around the gravel with it like Luke Skywalker with a light saber. But, the fish don't mind, and it works.

I've secretly seen her talk to the fish, too.

Going good, so far.

Bob R

I can’t tell you how wonderful it is to see your lovely smiling face here today, Judge. You have surely made my day!

This site has the uncanny ability to attract the most charming, knowledgeable, friendly, honest, helpful, accommodating, inspirational, supportive, (did I mention charming?), and all around just plain nice folks to visit here.

It makes me feel sort of “warm and fuzzy” to be here.

Speaking of “warm and fuzzy”, I have to go fold the laundry now, in my devious plot to convince my wife that we need another tank.

Yes, dear, I’m coming!

Naw…… I’m not a “fish-pecked” husband, am I?

Bob R

Hey Bob, I have read the previous posts, all good advice. IMHO (works around the P household) there must be something Ms. Bob really likes or wants....see Mr. P is in to guitars (newly so) which is very advantageous for me. He "needs" another guitar, ok! No problem. I have been needing another TANK, or critter, or...get my drift? Ah..mutual satisfaction and blissful, harmonious marital status.

Gosh, this forum certainly is great therapy. Wonderful advice, Judge.

Going to work on that.

Let's see:

I want new tank - complete at Petco - around $800

She wants new diamond necklace from Majors - around $1,600

OK ..... got to work on the math a little. But, I'm on the right track.

(wonder if could get her interested in guitars?)

Thanks,

Bob R

Females named Sharon just seem to have great advice no matter which side of the pond they float on! Well said Sharon, and Bob..nothing wrong with your math Ms. Bobs' taste is just a little shinier! So get busy...we are anxious to see the new set up!!

Hey ok so I followed (Bob I know you knew I would didnt you?) and dont think this gets you out of poem writng I still want to see more.... And Judge is here too how wonderful. Two of my Fav addicts in one place! well if you havent figured it out yet I am gonna be posting and learning glad to see you though. And judge I had tochange my font to get my 6 lines into 4 lol

Hi nyrmel. Glad to see you come here.
It's a nice forum with friendly folks from all over, including "down under".
I think that's Aussie talk.
Getting a great education here.

Talk to yiou soon,

Bob R

Back
Top Bottom