Hi Everyone..I'm new :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShayCox

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi Everyone!
My name is Shanice. I am new to this forum and new to keeping an aquarium so thought I would introduce myself. I set my fish tank up on the June 28th and after two days I added 3 zebra danio's and 2 cory's. I have a 63 l tank. I have wanted to start an aquarium for a while and then got a tank for my birthday. I haven't owned fish before so I am very new to this but I have done a bit of research on how to keep tanks and the breeds of my fish. Any questions feel free to ask :)
Thanks all

Thanks Everyone for welcoming me!

welcome to the forum! have you read about cycling?

Hi aquandrew...Thanks...well I know a bit. I am going back to the shop tomorrow to get a test kit and then check my levels to see how they are doing and whether I need to do a small water change. If you could give me some general info on it though that would be great because I do find it a it confusing :)

Hey welcome to AA! Nice to have you here

On your way to the shop you should buy some tetra safe start it is live bacteria that will cut your cycling process in half, mine took two weeks
Welcome to AA!

Hi Shanice. First, welcome to AA and please do not be afraid to ask questions here. Lots of people I know here can answer them with no problem. Second, I love you name. Third, enjoy your new hobby. I started with one and now I have 6 and maybe adding a planted bowl in the near future, so I will have 7. They call that here "MTS" (Multiple Tank Syndrome). Once you start, you cannot stop! :-D

Try and get a liquid test kit. They may seem a bit pricey but you definitely need one and it will last a long time. API master test kits are widely available and very good. The test strips are not very accurate.....

Hi Shanice. First, welcome to AA and please do not be afraid to ask questions here. Lots of people I know here can answer them with no problem. Second, I love you name. Third, enjoy your new hobby. I started with one and now I have 6 and maybe adding a planted bowl in the near future, so I will have 7. They call that here "MTS" (Multiple Tank Syndrome). Once you start, you cannot stop! :-D

Hey! Thanks very much :) I am very excited to start an aquarium, but I have become quite attached to my little fish already so I want to get it right. :D

Hey! Thanks very much :) I am very excited to start an aquarium, but I have become quite attached to my little fish already so I want to get it right. :D

You are very welcome. I totally understand. I did the same thing. I started with the 10G. Made sure that everything I learned was applied to that tank before I got my 5G. Then the rest is history. The last ones I had (two 20G, one month after the other) was my last project so far. But that was like a year and a half ago. I am aiming to just get one more, a planted bowl that I can house a red cherry shrimp colony. After that, I am all good. I hope! :) But as I have said, it can be an addicted hobby. You will know once you learn more each day here. The members here helped me a lot. They are awesome! I could have never done it properly without them. (y)

Have fun...that is the key! Once it becomes a burden, then it is not worth it! Enjoy!

Hi Everyone!
My name is Shanice. I am new to this forum and new to keeping an aquarium so thought I would introduce myself. I set my fish tank up on the June 28th and after two days I added 3 zebra danio's and 2 cory's. I have a 63 l tank. I have wanted to start an aquarium for a while and then got a tank for my birthday. I haven't owned fish before so I am very new to this but I have done a bit of research on how to keep tanks and the breeds of my fish. Any questions feel free to ask :)
Thanks all

Welcome!! It's such a rewarding and awesome hobby.

Back
Top Bottom