Hi fish people!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alg8er

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just stumbled on this site. Looked interesting. I've had aquariums for almost 50 years. Kept everything​ from octopus and reef to stingrays and guppies. I'm hoping to learn more!

Thanks for the Welcomes! Back in the good ole days, my best bud owned a pet shop and I would go with him to the distributors once a week. We would come back with a van full of boxes. I could buy anything I wanted at cost. He would also order anything I wanted for cost including tanks. He taught me a lot, and I spent a lot $$$! He would talk me into some of the best fish I ever had. Like my wild caught Leopoldi stingray. At the time there were only 6 in the u.s. The Shedd Aquarium had 3, 2 were in Cali, and mine for $285. In one room at one time I had a 185 in wall reef bookended by 2 x 120s all plumbed into one big filter. Octopus in one and Hawaiian dragon moray in the other. A 220 with the stingray, and 2 x 85 hexes on either side of the doorway. One planted heavy and full of crab and shrimp for the octopus, and the other held my 12 year old wild caught jack dempsey. First fish I ever owned. Purchased from my bud's dad when he owned the store. I was 12 with a pocketful of lawn mowing money. A 15, heater, light, hob, and he threw in the jd for free. I also kept a 40b community for my parents, and another at my girlfriends. Along with working 2 jobs, one full and one part time, I was a busy guy !

Wow that was a huge amount of work you had back when!!!

I'd like to say it kept me off the streets, but it didn't. Lost a few girlfriends too. Heard the "you pay more attention to those fish than to me!" speech a few times. :D

I'd like to say it kept me off the streets, but it didn't. Lost a few girlfriends too. Heard the "you pay more attention to those fish than to me!" speech a few times. :D

Easier to shake off the chaff... Wink! Hahaha...

You can post old pics too just note - circa 1979, or make your own showoff thread of old, new, future builds.

Back
Top Bottom