Hi for London, Ontario Eh!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rejoice

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello, My name is Jess and I've been visiting AA daily for a couple weeks now. I've been involved in saltwater for about 5 years in total. I absolutely love the big predator tanks.

Right now, I have a 2 year old 65 gallon tall FOWLR that, once my husband finishes the stand will be upgraded to a 90 gallon.

The 65 houses a adorable porcupine pufferfish (named pokey) and a cryptic niger triggerfish named (phantom tubie) My triggers name comes from the fact that when I bought him, he would not come out of a PVC tube @ the LFS. I ended up buying the tube off the store and for a full day the trigger refused to come out. Finally leaving the tube, he hides everytime you walk by, but you can get glimpses of him every now and then.

I love AA, have found it incredibly helpful.

WELCOME!!! I love porcupine pufferfish....and loinfish and clown fish and...well you get the point....LOL!

WOW! I kept salts for about 3 1/2 years until about 4 yrs ago when a 2 week ice storm knocked out our electric and my friends passed away. Your tank sounds very similar to mine. I had a dog faced puffer, a niger trigger, and a snowflake eel in a 90 gallon. Since losing those guys I haven't had the heart to start a salt back up. Our puffer had so much personality. When I'd come home fom work he would see me from across the room and wag excitedly just like a dog and grit his teeth to get my attention! We really loved him! The niger trigger was really a great looking fish too. Nigers are such a cool looking purplish blue color. I was really looking forward to him growing to an adult. You know they eventually get red teeth! You should think about adding a snowflake eel! They're really colorful (white with black, green and yellow) and they don't get huge. When we got him he was maybe 5" long and thinner than a pencil. When I lost my salts he was about a foot long and about the width of 1 1/2 pencils. I think thats about as big as they get. You should see when they go after a goldfish! If you were to get a eel make sure the top has no openings for him to get out. I found this out quickly. He swam right out of the tank a couple of days after we got him. Luckily my wife found him in time to get him back in the tank. Good luck and hope you get your 90 gallon set up soon!

Back
Top Bottom