Hi from a new member!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Megam

Aquarium Advice Newbie

Hi all,

I joined this community to seek advice about caring for my (currently, 2) new fish. I've had fish before as a kid -- goldfish, Bettas -- but I recently acquired a 5 gallon tank and I wanted to try something different (also, I can't have pets bigger than my hand ... so :fish2: it is!).

As a new fish owner, I'm still getting the hang of things. I'm not sure, for instance, what common diseases look like and it's helpful to have found these online forums to learn more. So thanks all!

help please

Hey! I am in need of some help, I have a Dojo Loach who I think might have a physical disability? maybe? Her pectoral fin on one side is bent up, Shes been like this ever since we got her and now that shes bigger (about two moths old) when she gets over excited like during feeding time she spazzs out like swims errotically all around the tank like almost in a viberating was and is eather upside down or on her side when she swims. There's no marks on her other then a slight hump in her back almost where the fin on the top is, its barley noticeable. Im just a worried fish mama.
Thanks for any feed back!
~Kayla L.

Hey! I am in need of some help, I have a Dojo Loach who I think might have a physical disability? maybe? Her pectoral fin on one side is bent up, Shes been like this ever since we got her and now that shes bigger (about two moths old) when she gets over excited like during feeding time she spazzs out like swims errotically all around the tank like almost in a viberating was and is eather upside down or on her side when she swims. There's no marks on her other then a slight hump in her back almost where the fin on the top is, its barley noticeable. Im just a worried fish mama.
Thanks for any feed back!
~Kayla L.

Hi, best to check out the sticky in the unhealthy FW fish section and post a new thread there. The sticky has a check list on information people might find useful.

welcome to the forum. check that list it will definitely help you out

Back
Top Bottom